'Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-05-2010, 01:35 PM

Default 'Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths' - High-Def Digest Review

El Bicho has reviewed 'Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths.' He says this film has its moments, but there's still a lot of wasted potential here. This Blu-ray has strong video, solid audio, and an extra feature ('The Spectre') that warrants a recommendation.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2853...ue_crisis.html
Old 03-05-2010, 04:19 PM

I enjoyed this quite a bit although as the review states,it has a bunch of flaws.
I thought it was kind of dumb that Superwoman could

Spoiler
drop a 2 ton marble pillar on batman and have him survive

or that the president's biggest threat against the syndicate was
Spoiler
nukes
.Seemed kind of lame.

Spoiler
The chameleon circuit in the invisible plane was fried but the thing remained cloaked somehow.

The special featurres are great and worth the disc cost alone.I loved the aquaman pilot .
Old 03-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Former Member

i haven't delved into the extras yet, will at some point, but DAMN was this an underwhelming feature. furthers my belief, that the Marvel animated line wipes the floor with the DC branch.

I fully agree w/ the Bicho about the inconsistencies with Batman. the point of the JLA in this dual universe/world is that they DON'T KILL, yet Batman indirectly kills one person through tricking him, and directly kills another. that's no hero. the whole broken rib thing bugged me a bit, but not as much as the inconsistency with true heroism.

also, wasn't it the Jokester, not the Joker, in this dual universe?

how is it that EVERY hero is now a villain, and EVERY villain is now a hero, in this alternative world? That's a whole SHITLOAD of choices being made opposite. 100%. that's like 1:1000000000000000 odds.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:42 PM
HDD Contributor

CC, the President's threat was absolutely ridiculous. The villains were in city limits was he going to nuke New York, Gotham, Metropolis, or wherever they at? Also once launched, couldn't every villain other than Snail-Man have escaped before the rockets hit?

Nate, I was willing to give Batman a pass on the direct kill since I bought that he didn't have a choice, but the other, which I don't buy was indirect, was just too much. Now maybe if it had been Frank Miller's Dark Knight it may have been easier to swallow or if there had been some clear role reversal going on with heroes and villains, but as it was, I thought it was a complete cop out by the writer.

Earth-3's Joker was referred to as the Jester.. Looking back, I probably could have identified his proper name and made clear who he was.

I am mixed on the Marvel/DC animated battle. You must check out The Spectre and let me know your thoughts.