'Wrong Side of Town' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-03-2010, 12:46 PM

Default 'Wrong Side of Town' - High-Def Digest Review

Tom has taken another bullet for all of us. He's just reviewed 'Wrong Side of Town.' This is a triple dose of failure, but another must read from Mr. Landy. This Blu-ray presents a lousy movie with lousy video, fairly lousy audio, and a small scoop of lousy extras. This lousy mess is one to avoid. Check out the review though!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2904...ideoftown.html
Old 03-03-2010, 01:21 PM

wow man, they're definitely sending you all the quality ones to review..that recent MMA dud, the marine 2 and this one..at least universal soldier: regeneration surprisingly worked out well.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblove11 View Post
wow man, they're definitely sending you all the quality ones to review..that recent MMA dud, the marine 2 and this one..at least universal soldier: regeneration surprisingly worked out well.
it may have been tom's turn on shit duty.

that said, marine 2 ain't that bad. THIS one, jeezus christ is it bad. Roidy Van Dam is awful, awful, awful, and the haircut is so 15 years ago.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:04 PM

this just gave me another remind of the chaos review from ebert, and the letter he wrote back to the director telling him how much he sucks. VIVA LA EBERT!
Old 03-03-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
it may have been tom's turn on shit duty.

that said, marine 2 ain't that bad. THIS one, jeezus christ is it bad. Roidy Van Dam is awful, awful, awful, and the haircut is so 15 years ago.
Yep, the Marine 2 is watchable--as a last resort. If you are in the mood for action cheese and can't really decide on what to rent, it might serve OK, but most of the time there will probably be something better popping out at you.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landy View Post
Yep, the Marine 2 is watchable--as a last resort. If you are in the mood for action cheese and can't really decide on what to rent, it might serve OK, but most of the time there will probably be something better popping out at you.
actually, you guys are both right & I take that back... I did enjoy the marine 2, better than the 1st one actually which I didn't care for at all. I thought the star did a much better job than john cena and the blu-ray was also stellar.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:23 PM

I hate to say this but I actually enjoyed Marine 2 more than Universal Soldier Regeneration. For some reason, I must have been expecting too much from U.S. due to all the reviews. I'll certainly skip this dud though. I watched DeFalco's Chaos on DVD and it is just terrible.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:42 AM

I think the director of the marine 2 did a good job as a relatively unknown director which is one of the reasons the movie works well. there are some hints of john woo, action scenes are well-shot etc. I'd look forward to another movie from him. planning to watch universal soldier mainly because of the reviews it received but I doubt if I'll like it as much judging from the trailer. still, I haven't missed a van damme/seagal/snipes direct-to-dvd release so far, haha!

anyway, yes I believe this is a wrong side of town discussion thread so I'll say no more
Old 03-04-2010, 01:46 AM

I remember Rob VAN Dam as being a pretty good heel from when i watched WWE but i won't be watching this.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Formerly Lordoftherings

It's travesties like these that really make me =*.

I wish there was a ban system for those suckers. [-X %-( ...What a waste! <:-|