Blockbuster Problems-Any of You Have Them As Well? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-20-2007, 11:54 PM

Default Blockbuster Problems-Any of You Have Them As Well?

I sent the following to Blockbuster online today, and following my letter I have also included their response (which I feel is total crap). What are your opinions?

There are two issues which I am writing to you about:
1st- This has become an ongoing problem: I turned my last movie in at the store several days ago and the next movie in my queue is yet to ship. This has been an ongoing problem that really needs to be resolved. I have accounts with Blockbuster and Netflix, and Netflix gets the next movie out the same day they receive it. The only reason I stay with Blockbuster is because I can turn the movie in at the store and get a free movie there. Please make an effort to correct this issue.

2nd - I have many movies marked in my queue as coming soon, but have been released for many months. And again, Netflix has all these "coming soon" blu ray discs available. Why does Blockbuster mark these movies as "coming soon"?

Thank you for your cooperation. I look forward to having these issues resolved.

Thanks for writing to BLOCKBUSTER Online Customer Care. It's great to hear from you!

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Please be advised that when you exchange online DVDs at your local BLOCKBUSTER store, a spot is immediately opened up in your Queue and your next movie is shipped, but it may take 2-3 business days for the returned title to clear from your Queue. Please be reminded that we don't ship or check-in movies on weekends and federal holidays. While reviewing your Queue, you may notice that DVDs exchanged or checked in at the store will remain in your "Shipped Movies" list until received by the Return Center. This does not prevent additional DVDs from being shipped; it's simply our way of tracking when a DVD is physically received by the Return Center

Unfortunately, the total number of "Available" titles in your Queue is a little low. If a title at the top of your Queue is not available at a nearby center, the system automatically searches for the title at other distribution centers throughout our network. If the top Queue selections fall outside of an acceptable shipping window, we will ship a title that falls lower in the Queue. This process looks for "Available" titles 30-deep within your queue. We do this so your shipping times will be faster, and so there is no interruption to your service. On occasion, if your top selections are not available and you have few titles in Queue, a shipment may be skipped. Based on this process, we encourage our customers to keep upwards of 30-40 "Available" titles in the Queue at all times.

If a title does not show as checked in after three business day, you may report this issue by logging into our website, clicking on the 'My Account' link, and selecting 'Report a DVD Issue'.

Some titles are produced by studios in limited quantities or for a limited period of time. Once the manufacturing run has ended, the DVD is no longer available for purchase by customers or BLOCKBUSTER Online®. The title is then termed as being in “Moratorium", signifying the suspension or delay of sales, and “in the vault,” symbolizing that film or video stock has been sealed in airtight vaults for preservation purposes.

Studios may produce these titles at a later time to coincide with product releases, as new editions, or with new marketing promotions. While these movies are in moratorium, they will not be available to rent through BLOCKBUSTER Online. Please accept this additional e-coupon for a free in-store movie or game rental at your local Blockbuster store. Click on the link below to print your coupon.

Well, at lest I got a free coupon. I would rather get the movies I want in a timely fashion.

Last edited by mick2006; 06-21-2007 at 12:09 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:14 AM
Formerly MrENGLISH

I have had issues with them too but overall I give the service a B+.

I think the system still has a few bugs but as long as you contact them about the issues they will resolve them.

They have given me some BS stories before... but all you have to do is ask them "are my rentals being throttled?" and they will immediately resolve the issue. Last thing they want is a lawsuit for throttling our rentals
Old 06-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Banned

I don't have a problem with Blockbusters stores, but I joined them a year ago after being with Netflix for a year. I liked Netflix, but I got some kind of bonus for joining Blockbuster, so I did. It started out okay, but then in a two month period, I had FIVE dvds that were shipped not arrive at my house. Of course, then you have to wait so many days before saying that it hadn't arrived yet. They never said anything about them not arriving, just sent me another. After the fifth one, I quit and went back to Netflix. I have never had a problem except for a broken disc or two, which isn't their fault. But oddly, this week for the first time, I had a movie that was sent not show up from Netflix. I guess neither is perfect. I should be interrogating my postman.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:10 AM
Banned

I got that, You dont have enough movies in your Que excuse also, And at the time I had about 13 in there. Then she told me I should have at least 30 to be sure. I sent them an email 3 days ago and have not recieved an answer yet, so consider yourself lucky, I guess.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:07 PM

I have the same problem. It takes Blockbuster 3-5 days to send me a movie. I got kind of the same response (without the free movie). I have 50 movies in my queue, all available, and they told me I have not enough movies in my queue. I also have Netflix and never had a problem. I think Blockbuster wanted to compete with Netflix as fast as they could and put a non working system out on the market. It would be awesome if they would get there act together, but I don't think it will happen. I read they having this kin of problems since 7 month and it seems that they don't change a thing to make it better. I will cancel my account and stay with Netflix. I get more movies with them.