'Hard Rain' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-23-2010, 06:10 PM

Default 'Hard Rain' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron has reviewed 'Hard Rain.' He says the film is entertaining enough, particularly for a lazy weekend afternoon. This Blu-ray offers pleasant surprises in terms of video and audio. Extras are a wash. Worth a rental.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2846/hardrain.html
Old 02-23-2010, 06:31 PM

I remember seeing the trailer way back when. It even said "The Flood." I thought the cinematography looked cool considering Mikael Solomon who lensed The Abyss was making his feature film debut. Then something happened and the film was delayed for a while and retitled "Hard Rain."

I haven't actually seen the film either.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:32 PM

Not to be confused with 'Chubby Rain' from 'Bowfinger'

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 02-24-2010, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
I remember seeing the trailer way back when. It even said "The Flood." I thought the cinematography looked cool considering Mikael Solomon who lensed The Abyss was making his feature film debut. Then something happened and the film was delayed for a while and retitled "Hard Rain."

I haven't actually seen the film either.
Yes I remember it was called The Flood too and it was scheduled to come out summer of 1997 but I assume the studio execs saw the actual movie and moved the release date to the dreaded January.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyattest30 View Post
Yes I remember it was called The Flood too and it was scheduled to come out summer of 1997 but I assume the studio execs saw the actual movie and moved the release date to the dreaded January.

I thought a hurricane hit someplace and the studio didn't want to come off as "insensitive or some shit.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:50 PM

Pass on this. I picked up Broken Arrow at BB for $9.99 instead.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
I thought a hurricane hit someplace and the studio didn't want to come off as "insensitive or some shit.
You said you haven't seen the movie right? Well, it's pretty bad so I don't think the studio wanted to spend any money promoting this piece of crap film during the competitive summer season.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:33 PM

I love me a good heist flick, but just the mention of jetskis in high school hallways makes me roll my eyes. That's up there with action heroes that leap up at the right moment to "ride" explosions to safety.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actionable Mango View Post
I love me a good heist flick, but just the mention of jetskis in high school hallways makes me roll my eyes. That's up there with action heroes that leap up at the right moment to "ride" explosions to safety.
Come one, seriously, who hasn't wanted to ride a jet-ski through a high school hallway? I know I day dreamed about it everyday in English class...

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 02-27-2010, 03:45 AM

It's cheesy fun...it you like Slater or Morgan Freeman enough, you'll enjoy it...you even get Betty White in a few scenes.

Not a bad way to spend 90 minutes if stuck inside (cough cough) on a rainy day.

Worth a rental or an under $10 purchase.