High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   Blu-ray Software General Discussion (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion-16/)
-   -   X-Men Trilogy and Wolverine (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion/84796-x-men-trilogy-wolverine.html)

Jon B. 05-03-2009 04:31 PM

X-Men Trilogy and Wolverine

Does anyone know/think that the X-Men trilogy and Wolvering will come out as Quad pack when Wolverine is released on Blu-ray? I want to get the X-Men trilogy but would hold off and wait for a 4-pack if this is actually going to happen.

dmarvin 05-03-2009 04:46 PM

Not a chance. The X-Men: Origins franchise is a separate entity from the X-Men trilogy. If Wolverine does well, I suppose they will greenlight the Magneto film (or perhaps the one that was to be about the forming of the original X-Men team by Charles).

cheez avenger 05-03-2009 06:18 PM

Probably.

Isn't technically called, "X-Men Orgins: Wolverine?"

dmarvin 05-03-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheez avenger (Post 1528675)
Probably.

Isn't technically called, "X-Men Orgins: Wolverine?"

So are you saying they would really have the nerve to release a box set trilogy and then 4-5 months later release the same three movies with one extra added in as a quadrilogy? No studio has that kinda nerve.

More likely they will release an X-Men: Origins boxset years down the road or combine all 6-8 eventual X-Men movies (or whatever # of films there winds up being) into a megaset. But if that happens it isn't gonna be soon, so better pick up that trilogy if you want it.

cheez avenger 05-03-2009 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmarvin (Post 1528685)
So are you saying they would really have the nerve to release a box set trilogy and then 4-5 months later release the same three movies with one extra added in as a quadrilogy? No studio has that kinda nerve.

More likely they will release an X-Men: Origins boxset years down the road or combine all 6-8 eventual X-Men movies (or whatever # of films there winds up being) into a megaset. But if that happens it isn't gonna be soon, so better pick up that trilogy if you want it.

That's excatly what I'm saying.

They'll do it in some clever (or not) promotion, like a Quadrilogy. After all, it is Fox.

I don't think it will be within 4-5 months. Maybe a year or so.

I already have the trilogy, so I don't really care.

space-monkey 05-03-2009 07:05 PM

Am I the only one who throws flimsy box-set boxes away, just to line the individual cases up on my shelf?

So, if I was interested in Wolverine (I'm not), I would be happy with the individual case, line it up on the shelf.

dmarvin 05-03-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space-monkey (Post 1528701)
Am I the only one who throws flimsy box-set boxes away, just to line the individual cases up on my shelf?

So, if I was interested in Wolverine (I'm not), I would be happy with the individual case, line it up on the shelf.

I don't throw them away but I usually couldn't care less about them. Especially with this one since the cases are actual BD cases.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheez avenger (Post 1528692)
That's excatly what I'm saying.

They'll do it in some clever (or not) promotion, like a Quadrilogy. After all, it is Fox.

I don't think it will be within 4-5 months. Maybe a year or so.

Well that's different then. The OP asked if it might happen when Wolverine first comes to BD and I'm saying no way. That would take too much nerve. In a year's time? Anything's possible.

blu-bird 05-03-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmarvin (Post 1528622)
Not a chance. The X-Men: Origins franchise is a separate entity from the X-Men trilogy. If Wolverine does well, I suppose they will greenlight the Magneto film (or perhaps the one that was to be about the forming of the original X-Men team by Charles).

I would say this X-men is a prequel to the first three movies.

I don't know if Fox will make another box set, but they could

Also I hope they do idea of the forming of the origianl X-men.

Motorheadache 05-03-2009 09:34 PM

I never really understood the concern with box sets. Who cares if they do or not? Just buy the trilogy and then buy Wolverine when it comes out. What would you do when they release the next one and you've gotten the quad set? I'm not trying to single out the OP or anything, maybe he can wait and just wants to save a few bucks. But I remember other people earlier worrying about things like, "if the Narnia series changes studios, I won't be able to get a box set with all the movies!" Just buy the damn movies as they come out people! :p

Im Blu 05-03-2009 10:37 PM

Theres absolutely no way. They havent done it before, so they wont do it again

Jon B. 05-04-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorheadache (Post 1528787)
I never really understood the concern with box sets. Who cares if they do or not? Just buy the trilogy and then buy Wolverine when it comes out. What would you do when they release the next one and you've gotten the quad set? I'm not trying to single out the OP or anything, maybe he can wait and just wants to save a few bucks. But I remember other people earlier worrying about things like, "if the Narnia series changes studios, I won't be able to get a box set with all the movies!" Just buy the damn movies as they come out people! :p

I understand what you are saying. I guess I am a completist at heart. And if I can save a few bucks by buying the whole set, I can wait - I am patient. Unless a great deal comes through on the triliogy, I guess I can wait and see. Thanks for all your input.

jobrro 05-04-2009 02:54 AM

They did it the American Pie franchise on DVD. They had to original 3 movies in a boxset, then later released a 'Foreplay' or something set with the original 3 plus the first spinoff American Pie Presents: Band Camp. They have probably released more since then, but I haven't checked.