'X-Men: First Class' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Former Member

i'd rather see cypher. he would have fit with the russian stuff much better.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:41 PM

Azazel was awesome. He'll be getting some of that Mystique ass later on. They're Nightcrawler's parents.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
Azazel was awesome. He'll be getting some of that Mystique ass later on. They're Nightcrawler's parents.
he's awesome in the sense that we see some of the things nightcrawler would have been able to do had he not been a "good guy." the swordplay was a bit meh, though. i liked the drop scene. that was funny as hell.

i really think the best done character, outside of magneto (can't be xavier due to his red button, so distracting), was Sebastian Shaw of Hellfire Club. as Aaron states, VERY Bond-sy. works well for him.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
he's awesome in the sense that we see some of the things nightcrawler would have been able to do had he not been a "good guy." the swordplay was a bit meh, though. i liked the drop scene. that was funny as hell.

i really think the best done character, outside of magneto (can't be xavier due to his red button, so distracting), was Sebastian Shaw of Hellfire Club. as Aaron states, VERY Bond-sy. works well for him.
He's awesome, because he's Jason Flemyng.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:51 PM

I'm surprised nothing was said about January Jones. I think she was the worst thing in the film. She also seems like a lousy lay.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Former Member

January Jones was already ripped apart in the bonus view. see: actors who shouldn't act anymore. XM:FC was her prime example.

but yes, she was nothing short of horrible. the only thing she got right in the character are the boobs.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
January Jones was already ripped apart in the bonus view. see: actors who shouldn't act anymore. XM:FC was her prime example.

but yes, she was nothing short of horrible. the only thing she got right in the character are the boobs.
Spoiler
I agree she was pretty bad-- however, it didn't bug me too much because I got the sense that her character had that kind of stoneface, monotone kind of personality. Still, I'm normally not a fan of recasting, but they could probably find a good replacement actress for the next one. Emma Frost should have more of a snarky bite to her personality.

As for Darwin, its tradition in doing an X-Men story to have the team member who dies at the beginning-- the comics had Thunderbird, the nineties cartoon series had Morph, and this one is Darwin.

Last edited by Onslaught X; 09-10-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorheadache View Post
Spoiler
I agree she was pretty bad-- however, it didn't bug me too much because I got the sense that her character had that kind of stoneface, monotone kind of personality. Still, I'm normally not a fan of recasting, but they could probably find a good replacement actress for the next one. Emma Frost should have more of a snarky bite to her personality.

As for Darwin, its tradition in doing an X-Men story to have the team member who dies at the beginning-- the comics had Thunderbird, the nineties cartoon series had Morph, and this one is Darwin.
She has that same look and tone in Mad Men which works, because you love to hate her on that show, and she has that same look and tone in Unknown.

I think my vaacum has more of a personality.

Last edited by Onslaught X; 09-10-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorheadache View Post
SPOILER
Not everyone has seen this film and it just came out yesterday. SPOILER TAG THAT SHIZZY!
Old 09-10-2011, 04:41 PM

I'm not sure Michael Fassbender can ever top his performance in Inglourious Basterds.

If I was him, I'd retire after that role. Or wait for the prequel.