High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   Blu-ray Software General Discussion (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion-16/)
-   -   Wrong movie from Amazon?!? (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion/70716-wrong-movie-amazon.html)

bfellow 11-06-2008 07:46 PM

Wrong movie from Amazon?!?

I received a package from Amazon today. I had ordered Dawn of the Dead Blu-Ray and when I opened up the package, it was American Gangster. :eek: ARRRGH!

So... shall I return it and tell them what were they thinking?

Bill G 11-06-2008 07:48 PM

This IS a hell of a bargain! :)

project-blu 11-06-2008 07:49 PM

and this is a bargain how????

just kidding! i think bargains is a tough name, when shopping discussion outside of DEALS!!! has no home.

interesting debacle, for sure, bfellow. i've NEVER had the issue. Columbia House sent me Mummy 2 instead of Mummy 1, but that's it. that's my only misshipped item experience ever.

project-blu 11-06-2008 07:52 PM

moved to general blu, as this is a blu thing, kinda.

Bill, we don't have a real home for this kind of thread. i usually keep them in bargains if they're pricing or store related, good or bad. i'm not asking to be a jerk, but honestly, do you think there is a better home for this type thread? it ain't water cooler, it's actually about companies that deal in HDM

cliffeman 11-07-2008 12:24 AM

I had a similiar thing happen back in may when National Treasure 1 & 2 came out. Amazon shipped me two copies of the first one. They were both sealed and shrink wrapped together. Needless to say I wasn't too happy about it. I ended up getting the same deal from BB & returning the other to Amazon. Never bought from them again since.

kannisto 11-07-2008 01:59 AM

Once some years ago Amazon.com shipped me 2 copies of the same wrong SD DVD though I had ordered 2 completely different titles.

I contacted them and they sent me the correct discs and told me to keep the wrong discs as it would be too much cost / hassle to return them. At least with international shipments they usually don't request wrong items to be sent back due to costs etc. but I guess with domestic orders it might be different.

CaptainCanuck 11-07-2008 03:10 AM

Well they send out maybe a hundred thousand movies a day so i imagine a few mistakes are inevitable.

Reiter 11-07-2008 04:11 AM

I've had it happen and they're great with fixing it. They shipped a replacement right away and didn't make me ship the other movie back first.

bfellow 11-07-2008 09:37 AM

Ok I told Amazon to ship me a replacement since I haven't seen the original Dawn of the Dead.

Bill G 11-09-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by project-blu (Post 1267794)
moved to general blu, as this is a blu thing, kinda.

Bill, we don't have a real home for this kind of thread. i usually keep them in bargains if they're pricing or store related, good or bad. i'm not asking to be a jerk, but honestly, do you think there is a better home for this type thread? it ain't water cooler, it's actually about companies that deal in HDM

Might be a good idea to add a STORE forum like DVDTalk has. Might be a better place for this type of thread.