Why is it taking so damn long - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-11-2009, 06:30 PM

It was a reasonable reply by Cheez to a pretty sorry original post to start with...
Old 05-11-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comixguru View Post
Universal has been taking their time. One of the slower studios in terms of releases on the format. Although, it looks like they have a nice bunch of reissues coming up.
Not to sound like Mr Spock, but I think it would be logical to assume both Paramount & Universal place priority on the titles that sold the most on HD DVD. Some catalog titles that only sold a couple thousand copies may take years to get a release on blu-ray.

But that's OK with me, 'cause my HD DVD player doesn't make buzzing sounds and the audio quality is very good.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:46 PM

Yeah pretty much... As classic as I think Lebowski is I doubt it was a huge seller... My HD DVD works fine so I'm very happy sticking with it
Old 05-11-2009, 07:10 PM

The one I'm waiting for is Tremors. But I'm not holding my breath
Old 05-11-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunyaga View Post
It was a reasonable reply by Cheez to a pretty sorry original post to start with...

Exactly.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:30 PM

Universal rushed out so many HD DVD titles to saturate the market, many of which should not have been released without proper care. A majority were Dolby digital and not DTS like they ALL have been on Blu ray. I'm glad they are taking their time with Blu ray; they have become one of the more reliable suppliers of titles, and the quality has been so much stronger on Blu ray.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1963 View Post
Universal rushed out so many HD DVD titles to saturate the market, many of which should not have been released without proper care. A majority were Dolby digital and not DTS like they ALL have been on Blu ray. I'm glad they are taking their time with Blu ray; they have become one of the more reliable suppliers of titles, and the quality has been so much stronger on Blu ray.
C'mon, let's not start with the whole lossy vs lossless debate.

Name one disc out now, that has been reissued with care, that wasn't when it was first released.

Fifth Element doesn't count.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorheadache View Post
The one I'm waiting for is Tremors. But I'm not holding my breath
Tremors, Lebowski, Fletch have all been in my player 3-4 times since I bought them. I love these.

I wish Universal would dig into some new titles from it's archives. Perhaps some Hitchcock.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
But that's OK with me, 'cause my HD DVD player doesn't make buzzing sounds and the audio quality is very good.
It's funny you mention this. I think my A3 just went south... oh well. Another A3 or HD DVD add-on is still very reasonable to pick up. I'm not sure those Xbox drives will ever be expensive. Frys is still selling them new for $40.

Last edited by comixguru; 05-11-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:21 PM

Wow, I think Universal's done pretty well for a studio that didn't release their first BD till almost a year ago.