Where is the Hellboy 2 review HDD? - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-18-2008, 10:03 AM

i'm no av guru, but i thought it looked awesome and the sound was fantastic, i don't have a 7.1 system but it was great in 5.1 dts
Old 11-18-2008, 10:09 AM

YOu don't need a review for it, just go out and buy it.

Seriously though, I say the same things, especially when it is a movie I am interested in, but there is no review yet.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:26 AM
Formerly candymangt

Here is the thing guys, with so many titles releasing this fall, I can see how hard it is to get all reviews up within a sufficient time frame. They get 2 of them up a day, which is not bad. I am only 1 person reviewing on my site (as there are a few others on here in the same shoes), being able to get a review for a new film before release day at times is not easy when you have a whole stack of films waiting to be reviewed.

HDD.com are not the only reviewers out there. There are plenty other sites out there that reviewed the film last week, so check them out while you wait for HDD.com to post theirs.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:34 AM

Why does it bother you anyway?
It's not as if you're paying HDD to read their reviews.
Also, what's stopping you from creating a thread for Hellboy 2 BD and start discussing?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BozQ View Post
Why does it bother you anyway?
It's not as if you're paying HDD to read their reviews.
Also, what's stopping you from creating a thread for Hellboy 2 BD and start discussing?

It does not bother me so much BozQ as it is puzzling This is one of the biggest releases of the year and it has been out a week and no review

Thanks for the links everyone
Old 11-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondmediaonline.com View Post
Here is the thing guys, with so many titles releasing this fall, I can see how hard it is to get all reviews up within a sufficient time frame. They get 2 of them up a day, which is not bad. I am only 1 person reviewing on my site (as there are a few others on here in the same shoes), being able to get a review for a new film before release day at times is not easy when you have a whole stack of films waiting to be reviewed.

HDD.com are not the only reviewers out there. There are plenty other sites out there that reviewed the film last week, so check them out while you wait for HDD.com to post theirs.
2 a day is tough. if i can get 1 a day posted, i'm happy. the extras are the real killer in reviews, as they can take 2 to 6 hours to get through, if one actually watches the entire package instead of skimming. and you still have to write it (even as you go).

and yeah, it is tough. i've had southland tales for a week and haven't even had the chance to sit down and watch it yet. soon. we just gotta be patient. check out HDDb to see an index of all site reviews on a title if you're anxious.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Formerly candymangt

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
2 a day is tough. if i can get 1 a day posted, i'm happy. the extras are the real killer in reviews, as they can take 2 to 6 hours to get through, if one actually watches the entire package instead of skimming. and you still have to write it (even as you go).

and yeah, it is tough. i've had southland tales for a week and haven't even had the chance to sit down and watch it yet. soon. we just gotta be patient. check out HDDb to see an index of all site reviews on a title if you're anxious.
You make a good point. It is rough. I try to get 1 review up a day, sometimes 2 depending on the release date of a title.

I understand that people like to read reviews from 1 site, but there are so many other sites out there that also offer reviews. It doesn't hurt to read varying opinions.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:50 PM

Between the 3 reviews a day we get here, reviews on Blu-ray.com and HighDefDiscNews.com........I'm good. I will say though that Blu-ray.com writes significantly more in regards to video and audio quality than reviews here do. And on those sites when a previously released HD DVD is reviewed on Blu-ray there isn't any old copy-paste info from the old HD DVD review. It's all fresh.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bases1616 View Post
HDD has been behind on reviews for awhile now. They use to be one of the first sites to review HD movies, but now they are one of the last. Not sure what is going on with there staff.
Fun fact: there are three to four times as many high-def releases hitting the current BD market each week as there was a year ago.

Completely unrelated, secondary fact: our site still has three reviewers.

I would suggest everyone begins redirecting their complaints and criticism to the decision-makers who staff our site rather than those of us who struggle to keep up with the deluge of titles being released. Thanks as always for posting!
Old 11-18-2008, 04:50 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Brown View Post
Fun fact: there are three to four times as many high-def releases hitting the current BD market each week as there was a year ago.

Completely unrelated, secondary fact: our site still has three reviewers.

I would suggest everyone begins redirecting their complaints and criticism to the decision-makers who staff our site rather than those of us who struggle to keep up with the deluge of titles being released. Thanks as always for posting!
fun fact: this week broke the release record.
another fun fact: it isn't letting up any time soon!
3rd fun fact: Ken, you do a good job, and i hope to continue seeing the same quality work you put out