High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   Blu-ray Software General Discussion (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion-16/)
-   -   What were your Blu-ray blind buy regrets. (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion/43454-what-were-your-blu-ray-blind-buy-regrets.html)

Blu_For_U 02-16-2008 11:12 AM

What were your Blu-ray blind buy regrets.

With all the Amazon BOGOs and other great sales that have happened over the last 6 months, I know there has to have been a lot of blind buying out there. Just curious if anyone has any regrets on some and why you regretted the purchase. With 50+ movies, I have been lucky. Mine only one so far is From Hell (from a Amazon BOGO), not a bad movie but I don't think I would ever watch it more than once.

Clear 02-16-2008 11:22 AM

The Simpsons Movie

i'm probably one of the few but i thought it was terrible

sehnzeleid 02-16-2008 12:03 PM

Happy Feet - Sure, it looks and sounds great, but the film itself is just an exercise in meaningless boredom.

Hostel: Part 2 - Terrible film (I like Part 1) saddled with a ridiculous amount of unnatural black crush in the transfer.

AC/DC - Live at Donington - Digitally noisy with screwed up color for "remastered" 35MM elements, the PCM 5.1 places everything obviously wrong with annoying surround echo to boot. Though the PCM 2.0 track is excellent.

The Transporter - Hello, I'm Edge Enhancement You Can See From Eight Feet Away. Though Part 2 is one of the best MPEG-2 transfer I've seen to date.

Reservoir Dogs - Exhibits the same lack of depth and milky blacks as the prior two "remastered" DVDs.

Saw - Weak transfer, no extras, glad I only paid $7 for it.

Night of the Werewolf / Vengeance of the Zombies - Glitchy playback, terrible transfers.

Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest - Superlative A/V but the most overly long and trite film I've stopped half way through in recent memory. I can't even see how children can like this...

Evil Dead 2 / Dawn of the Dead / Day of the Dead / Halloween - Hopefully Anchor Bay loses the rights to these films and a studio that truly cares about them while knowing what makes for an accurate filmic presentation (Synapse Films or Dark Sky Films) gets them instead.

Glenmulder 02-16-2008 12:13 PM

Wall street bad transfer no extras

Xerious 02-16-2008 12:13 PM

premonition... gay.

AmishFury 02-16-2008 12:24 PM

i have yet to regret any of my blind buys on either format in fact so far none of my blu discs have been blind buys

King Benny 02-16-2008 12:52 PM

I didn't enjoy Layer Cake as much as I thought I would.

wyattest30 02-16-2008 01:00 PM

Shoot'em Up - IMO, one of the worst films from 2007.

Ultraviolet - Bought it back in 2006 when I first got my BD player, of course there weren't many titles available back then.

Ghost Rider - Great video and audio, but a very bad movie.

King Benny 02-16-2008 01:21 PM

Ok, I looked at my list of Blu-rays. In addition to Layer Cake, I'd probably add these ones: Tekkon Kinkreet and Chicago.

I don't have any real regrets.. but the above 3 would be the blind buys I dislike the most.

ATLFalconsFAN 02-16-2008 01:21 PM

Resident Evil: Extinction

Still haven't finished watching it. Don't know if I ever will...