'What Dreams May Come' is coming May 3 - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-20-2011, 08:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
Who's parading? I'm making a statement. Nothing more.
Right. So please explain what you meant in regards to your "premium" comment:
Quote:
Paid $3 for the HD-DVD. Now it commands a premium, I believe.
This is clearly a condescending tone.

Yeah - it does command a premium - because bluray isn't dead. The reason it didn't command a premium on HD DVD when you bought it was because the format DIED. And these things were firesold just to get rid of them. You do realize this movie cost "premium" price on HD DVD too before HD DVD died right? The only reason you got it for $3 was because the format died. Bluray commands a premium because it didn't die and is an active and viable for-sale format. With new users and owners.

Less and less people that come here are going to have HD DVD players. Because it is a dead format. At this point you merely seem to be bragging that you bought firesale HD DVDs for $3.

It is lame to do it in every single thread IMO. There is a fine line between making a public service announcement and bragging about buying cheap movies on a dead format that were only cheap because the format died.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, I have to point it out. Why wouldn't I? Does it make sense for people to buy a $20 film on a currently existing format when you can or could have just bought it for pennies on the dollar? Of course it doesn't make sense, but people, for whatever reason, want a more "uniformed" collection which is a cop out to some OCD issues. People should have kept their hardware and scooped up some $3 movies. Don't blame me for that.
Not everyone likes propping up dead unsupported formats.

They like to know they can buy a replacement player without using eBAY.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaintsarecoming View Post
Not everyone likes propping up dead unsupported formats.

They like to know they can buy a replacement player without using eBAY.
That's their fault. Stop being lazy and use fucking EBay.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Right. So please explain what you meant in regards to your "premium" comment:

This is clearly a condescending tone.

Yeah - it does command a premium - because bluray isn't dead. The reason it didn't command a premium on HD DVD when you bought it was because the format DIED. And these things were firesold just to get rid of them. You do realize this movie cost "premium" price on HD DVD too before HD DVD died right? The only reason you got it for $3 was because the format died. Bluray commands a premium because it didn't die and is an active and viable for-sale format. With new users and owners.

Less and less people that come here are going to have HD DVD players. Because it is a dead format. At this point you merely seem to be bragging that you bought firesale HD DVDs for $3.

It is lame to do it in every single thread IMO. There is a fine line between making a public service announcement and bragging about buying cheap movies on a dead format that were only cheap because the format died.
No one is bragging. Considering that 99% of all future HD-DVD ports to BD can still be gotten for about $3 shipped. Excuse me for getting What Dreams May Come wrong. I bought my copy for $3 not even a year ago.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
That's their fault. Stop being lazy and use fucking EBay.
Quote:
No one is bragging. Considering that 99% of all future HD-DVD ports to BD can still be gotten for about $3 shipped. Excuse me for getting What Dreams May Come wrong. I bought my copy for $3 not even a year ago.
Most normal people are not going to buy an HD DVD player (that hopefully still works) on eBAY just to get a few catalog titles for $3.

They are going to buy products that are alive and sold at Best Buy and Walmart. HD DVD died 3 years ago. Most people outside of this forum don't even know it existed. And there are a lot of new users here too that only bought bluray.

You bring "I got it for $3" up in every damn port thread. As some sort of self-congratulatory pat on the back. The format was dead when you spent $3. It is even deader now. To think there is some mass pool of people that have a HD DVD player and can buy the $3 titles is a little out of touch. You are talking about a very limited pool of people.

The reason they are $3 is because the format is dead.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Most normal people are not going to buy an HD DVD just to get a few catalog titles for $3.

They are going to buy products that are alive and sold at Best Buy and Walmart. The format died 3 years ago. Most people don't even know it existed.

You bring "I got it for $3" up in every damn port thread. As some sort of self-congratulatory pat on the back. The format was dead when you spent $3. It is even deader now. To think there is some mass pool of people that have a HD DVD player and buy $3 titles is a little out of touch. You are talking about a very limited pool of people.
They should not have gotten rid of their player. And it's not just a few. Don't make shit up. I will continue to bring it up in every port thread. Get over it.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
They should not have gotten rid of their player. And it's not just a few. Don't make shit up. I will continue to bring it up in every port thread. Get over it.
They got rid of it because the format died. Seems like a valid reason to me.

I fail to see why HD DVD dead format pricing is brought up in a bluray software thread.

Why not list the DVD price too? Probably even cheaper than $3. DVD works in a bluray player at least.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
They got rid of it because the format died. Seems like a valid reason to me.

I fail to see why HD DVD dead format pricing is brought up in a bluray software thread.

Why not list the DVD price too? Probably even cheaper than $3.
Because high-def = high-def

Dead or not.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Because high-def = high-def

Dead or not.
So how much are D VHS titles??

Never see you posting how much you paid for those.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Most normal people are not going to buy an HD DVD player (that hopefully still works) on eBAY just to get a few catalog titles for $3.
Not to be a prick, but are we defining what "normal" is now?

Quote:
You bring "I got it for $3" up in every damn port thread. As some sort of self-congratulatory pat on the back. The format was dead when you spent $3. It is even deader now.
I personally don't see it as boasting, but I can see how others may interpret his responses as lacking if they fail to add anything more to the conversation.

Quote:
To think there is some mass pool of people that have a HD DVD player and can buy the $3 titles is a little out of touch. You are talking about a very limited pool of people.

The reason they are $3 is because the format is dead.
As a dual format owner I fail to see why myself, or any other HD DVD owner would pay a higher price for a comparative product. I agree in saying HD DVD is no longer an active format, but please don't say it is an inferior format.