Waterworld Limited Edition coming from Arrow December 11th - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-05-2018, 10:07 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
DiabolikDVD also occasionally partners with Arrow for 50% off sales. I bought a bunch of discs from them in June or July of this year.
Arrow is basically mimicking the Criterion business model.
I follow Arrow on Social Media, and they often times have a 6 for 30 or (was it) 5 for 30 Blu-ray sale at HMV.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Didn't read the full specs, but a lot of times a release will have a new 4K scan. Inevitably Arrow usually starts from scratch. Many fans of this movie already own a copy, so why dip again when it is inevitable to get a 4K release? I don't have a 4K TV but that is still my attitude at this point.

Funny you mention affordability. Have yet to find an Arrow release that is competitive with other similar releases. Current price of this one on Amazon is $49.95. Don't get me wrong, generally Arrow does an awesome job with their releases and I am willing to pay for the ones that really interest me. Even so, they're often times $24 or so realistically in the USA. They offer SALES in the UK, but not here.
I think both your points are very flexible, as far as the first, I don't ever see the general public buying 4K discs, they're going to stay with BD and just stream 4K, my prediction is 4K will be an enthusiast only format in the long run, a step ahead of LD, so for that reason I can see studios not wasting their time on 4K for anything other than big in-demand items and I'm not sure Waterworld would be one of those.

As far as your second point, you're actually making my point, this is a smaller vendor with less volume and their prices are higher, I'd imaging everything they do is lower volume and costs them more vs a Warners so that lack of profit margin plays even more into not spending the extra for 4K that even fewer will buy, in fact I'd lay good money if they did 4K vs BD they would sell far fewer 4K discs than BDs.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
I follow Arrow on Social Media, and they often times have a 6 for 30 or (was it) 5 for 30 Blu-ray sale at HMV.
Sadly, HMV won't ship to the USA.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:10 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Sadly, HMV won't ship to the USA.
A'yup, I know that. Sometimes they've had HMV Exclusive SteelBooks that I have wanted. Grrrrrr.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:21 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Lookie Lookie - another Arrow Sale.... in the UK.
https://arrowfilms.com/shop/arrow-vi...een-sale/?pi=1

Not as low as their HMV sales, but hey.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Lookie Lookie - another Arrow Sale.... in the UK.
https://arrowfilms.com/shop/arrow-vi...een-sale/?pi=1

Not as low as their HMV sales, but hey.
Are these Region B?
Old 10-10-2018, 03:27 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
Are these Region B?
Some yes, some no.