'Watchmen: The Complete Motion Comic' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-29-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenncybercop View Post
Something that was missed in the review regards the digital-copy. It is NOT compatible with Mac OS; the copy will ONLY work with Windows.
Really? I was not aware of that, as I'm a PC. Thank you for the comments. I'll see if maybe we can add that tidbit.

Thanks, again.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 04-29-2009, 12:43 PM

Didn't this come out like almost 2 months ago now?? Jesus...
Old 04-29-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead4 View Post
So what? They don't review movies full time and they have a lot of releases to go through.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead4 View Post
and with this, we welcome Enois to the crew.

get this.....the site had not reviewed this title yet, and it's a damn worthy candidate for a review if any are. there are quite a few newer releases in the works as we speak, so ease up, yo.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:48 PM

I've been wondering how titles are picked for review. Is it based on the individual reviewer's personal taste? It is obvious that some of the discs reviewed could have been ignored in favor of more important titles.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspertame View Post
I've been wondering how titles are picked for review. Is it based on the individual reviewer's personal taste? It is obvious that some of the discs reviewed could have been ignored in favor of more important titles.
We have a device in our offices called a Psychotransmoteletron (PTMT). Long story short, we can plug in a specific forum member's name, and the PTMT will read that person's mind and tell us what titles he/she most wants reviewed. Then we pick something else. Just to piss you off.

After extensive research, we have determined that our reviews serve no other purpose than to annoy forum members. As such, we developed the PTMT to most effectively achieve that goal.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
We have a device in our offices called a Psychotransmoteletron (PTMT). Long story short, we can plug in a specific forum member's name, and the PTMT will read that person's mind and tell us what titles he/she most wants reviewed. Then we pick something else. Just to piss you off.

After extensive research, we have determined that our reviews serve no other purpose than to annoy forum members. As such, we developed the PTMT to most effectively achieve that goal.

oh, that makes sense.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

Hey man...no need to get pissy! I never said that I was annoyed or angy...just curious. I really dig this site, but some of the reviews are on films that you obviously love to hate. These are entertaining and often hilarious to read.

Just as an example...I would love to see a review - from you folks - for LET THE RIGHT ONE IN. Your thoughts on PQ, AQ, and all the controversy surrounding the subtitles sham would be nice indeed.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspertame View Post
Hey man...no need to get pissy! I never said that I was annoyed or angy...just curious. I really dig this site, but some of the reviews are on films that you obviously love to hate. These are entertaining and often hilarious to read.

Just as an example...I would love to see a review - from you folks - for LET THE RIGHT ONE IN. Your thoughts on PQ, AQ, and all the controversy surrounding the subtitles sham would be nice indeed.
He's pissy because you get this bullshit about
  • late reviews
  • "where's the review for x movie"
  • "how do they choose the movies they want to review"
  • "There is clearly an agenda in these movie reviews"

every bloody week!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 02:55 PM
Former Member

i think he was more sarcastic than pissy.

anyways, on topic: solid review, e. i STILL haven't found time to view mine. just the length of the feature on teh back of the disc keeps scaring me off.