Wal-Mart can go F themselves. - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Banned

I haven't been to Wal-Mart in almost 2 years.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan123 View Post
Hey, whats with all the Wal-mart bashing?? I used to work there and although it wasn't the greatest place, it wasn't half bad. All the movies and players I have bought came from Wal-Mart's payroll. Why bash Wal-Mart so bad when Target is the same way? We went to 2 Targets last night looking for 300. The first had 0 BD and 0 HD. The second one, in a poorer area had 3 BD and 1 HD copy. I think Target and Wal-Mart are about equal in their HD offerings since both had clueless employees(besides me), and limit selection with high prices.
Even when you go to Best Buy, it seems half the people don't know what you are buying when you bring up an HD DVD or Blu-ray. Plus I hear more misinformation being spread there than anywhere else. At least at Wal-Mart and Target they don't know anything.
I will say this Patsfan123...Walmart does have great prices on bd and hd dvd. BB and CC do spread alot of misinformation as well. Not all Walmarts are bad I realize but the people that work at mine either dont care what your looking for or dont know.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Banned

that's pretty cool that your local bb ordered 1,000 copies

this is going to eclipse the departed as the best sellling hd disc within a very short period of time
Old 08-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Even when you go to Best Buy, it seems half the people don't know what you are buying when you bring up an HD DVD or Blu-ray. Plus I hear more misinformation being spread there than anywhere else. At least at Wal-Mart and Target they don't know anything.
that is a very good point and i 100% agree with you
Old 08-01-2007, 04:50 PM

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodimus22 View Post
Most of the things at Wal*mart can be found cheaper online. I guess if you
go there for groceries or something...I dunno. I just can't stand the whole
scene. Have to park very far away, walk through lines of cars, wade
through the humanity to find what you want inside, wait in line to get
checked out, through more cars, all the way back to where you parked,
and for what? Something you bought was $14.87 instead of $14.99? Ugh.
What do you mean? that's the fun part.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkiller View Post
Walmart, HMV, EBgames, MusicWorld, CinemaWorld, ect. ... they all SUCK in HD, they only have a few movies with high prices.

Future Shop and Best Buy are the best, they have low prices and every new release
Best Buy is definitely more expensive than Wal-Mart
300 Wal mart $23 Best Buy $30
usual suspects Walmart $27 bestbuy $35
but since walmart has terrible stock thank god for pricecheck
Old 08-01-2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Hey, whats with all the Wal-mart bashing?? I used to work there and although it wasn't the greatest place, it wasn't half bad. All the movies and players I have bought came from Wal-Mart's payroll. Why bash Wal-Mart so bad when Target is the same way? We went to 2 Targets last night looking for 300. The first had 0 BD and 0 HD. The second one, in a poorer area had 3 BD and 1 HD copy. I think Target and Wal-Mart are about equal in their HD offerings since both had clueless employees(besides me), and limit selection with high prices.
Simple fact of the matter is... If you worked at Wal-Mart, then you should know how ignorant people in the electronics section are.

Secondly, if you are on this forum, you do not fall into the common place intellegence.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
Half the time when I ask a Walmart employee where are there blu ray movies, I get looks of confusion and a irritating sound from them saying ''what?''
Maybe it's because they didn't understand what you were saying because of the mis-spellings. I kid, I kid.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:10 PM

My store had neither version HD or BR. Which surprised me since this is probably the biggest summer dvd release this year.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodimus22 View Post
The part of this that amazes me is this:

8 Wal*mart customers bought a Blu-Ray movie, on the same day.

That just blows my mind. If I was Wal*mart I probably would have ordered 0
copies since it just seems like trailer trash with little or no money is the
vast, vast majority of its customers, and they'd never own a HDTV or a Blu-Ray player.
im with this guy lol