Wal-Mart can go F themselves. - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-01-2007, 12:45 AM

My Wal-mart actually had 8 Blu-ray 300's in and one HD-DVD one some one hid behind the regular 300's. I wonder if they only ordered 8 as well?
Old 08-01-2007, 12:48 AM

The part of this that amazes me is this:

8 Wal*mart customers bought a Blu-Ray movie, on the same day.

That just blows my mind. If I was Wal*mart I probably would have ordered 0
copies since it just seems like trailer trash with little or no money is the
vast, vast majority of its customers, and they'd never own a HDTV or a Blu-Ray player.

Then again, there is always the possibility that they were purchased by
people who thought they were DVDs and will be returned after they try to
play them in standard DVD players (or VCRs if you're in a REALLY rural
location.)
Old 08-01-2007, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vooswing View Post
I bet if we were to do a poll most of the people on this site go to Walmart atleast once a month for something. Saving money isn't something only poor people like to do.
Most of the things at Wal*mart can be found cheaper online. I guess if you
go there for groceries or something...I dunno. I just can't stand the whole
scene. Have to park very far away, walk through lines of cars, wade
through the humanity to find what you want inside, wait in line to get
checked out, through more cars, all the way back to where you parked,
and for what? Something you bought was $14.87 instead of $14.99? Ugh.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodimus22 View Post
I completely agree. Wal-Mart does that in my town all the friggin time. Brand New Movie comes out, and they have it for a smokin' $19.35, instead of $19.99 at Fred Meyers.

Blow those savings out your ass. It's not like I'm going to be buying mulitple copies of the same damn movie.

It's good to know that the company who holds 40% of the U.S. DVD sales marketshare, could care less about BD or HD.

I'll say it again. Walmart can F themselves.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:12 AM

the futureshop here had 100 HD DVD copies of 300, by noon there's about 75 left. (25 copies gone in 1.5 hrs.)
Old 08-01-2007, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck View Post
Walmart isn't exactly dealing with upscale clientelle for the most part so i'm not surprised.
Agreed. Half the time when I ask a Walmart employee where are there blu ray movies, I get looks of confusion and a irritating sound from them saying ''what?''
Old 08-01-2007, 09:44 AM

Hey, whats with all the Wal-mart bashing?? I used to work there and although it wasn't the greatest place, it wasn't half bad. All the movies and players I have bought came from Wal-Mart's payroll. Why bash Wal-Mart so bad when Target is the same way? We went to 2 Targets last night looking for 300. The first had 0 BD and 0 HD. The second one, in a poorer area had 3 BD and 1 HD copy. I think Target and Wal-Mart are about equal in their HD offerings since both had clueless employees(besides me), and limit selection with high prices.
Even when you go to Best Buy, it seems half the people don't know what you are buying when you bring up an HD DVD or Blu-ray. Plus I hear more misinformation being spread there than anywhere else. At least at Wal-Mart and Target they don't know anything.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:50 AM

My Blu-ray copy is on it's way from Amazon, but after work yesterday I stopped by Wal-Mart to see if they might have a copy (I was going to pick that one up, if they had it, and return the one that will come in the mail later this week). My local Wal-Mart occasionally gets a Blu-ray movie or two, but it's usually stuff no one wants and it sits there forever ("Ghost Rider," "The Guardian"), and they don't even carry HD DVD's at all. Well, they had a huge display right up front for "300" with tons of dvd's. Down at the bottom there was a lone slot with a tag for the Blu-ray version, but no discs. So I walked back to electronics and asked if they had any copies. The employee, who actually knew what I was talking about, said: "No, sorry, we sold out of all of them. We only got five copies and they were all gone as soon as we set up the display around midnight. I don't know why, but this store really underestimates the number of people around here who are into high def. You're literally the forty-second person to ask about that today. I've been keeping track so that I can show the manager that there is a big demand for them."

My local Wal-Mart is a little nicer than most, and it's located right down the street from a major university, so there's a big gaming/technology community around here. I can't believe they only got five copies of what will be one of the biggest sellers of the year.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:05 AM

BTW all of the stocking is done by computers at Wal-Mart. So all of the stores that get a few copies is not because of a manager. The computer automatically places orders so that people don't have to. Unless a manager goes in and overrides an order, it's completely automated. Also, if they do place an order, it takes weeks for the stock to come in..
Old 08-01-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodimus22 View Post
This is exactly why I don't go there. Plus, the emplyees are not all that friendly or even care that you are there. Although, I did find a Wal*Mart that is too far away from me to think about going to that isn't all that busy, the customers are a little more respectable, but I am not going to waste $5 on gas to save 50 cents.