High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   Blu-ray Software General Discussion (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion-16/)
-   -   Wal-Mart can go F themselves. (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion/13679-wal-mart-can-go-f-themselves.html)

Shibblet 07-31-2007 10:44 PM

Wal-Mart can go F themselves.

I go into Wal-Mart this morning to get a copy of 300 on Blu-Ray. They were out of stock. I kind of expected that to happen, but when I asked when they were going to get more, the employee told me...

"We are going to have some more next week, probably the same amout we had today."

And I had to ask, "How many was that?"

He replies with "8"

I said, "8 copies? Please tell me you mean 8 boxes."

"Nope." he replied, "Only 8 copies."

So I left and called Best Buy in Anchorage. They told me they had 2 left. And after hearing that I had to ask the question, "How many did you order?"

"About 1000." the guy on the phone says, "It's a really popular movie, sir."

"Oh, I get that, and the fact that you ordered 1000 means something. Wal-Mart only ordered 8."

And the dude at Best Buy says "8 boxes, you mean?"

I laughed and said, "Nope, just 8 copies."

winstonshu 07-31-2007 10:45 PM

lol. that's hilarious.

well... i suppose walmart's target demographic isn't exactly the HDTV owning type...

bone crusher 07-31-2007 10:54 PM

The poster is right, 300 is a friggin' huge movie and they shoudl have a huge amount of copies. Seriously they should start buying tilt back shippers of these movie like they do for SDVD. I absolutley guarantee you that when Transformers hits BD it will sell through the roof...at least as good as 300.

Shibblet 07-31-2007 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bone crusher (Post 228420)
The poster is right, 300 is a friggin' huge movie and they shoudl have a huge amount of copies. Seriously they should start buying tilt back shippers of these movie like they do for SDVD. I absolutley guarantee you that when Transformers hits BD it will sell through the roof...at least as good as 300.

Not only is it bad for customers, but it's just plain stupid. If Best Buy could sell 1000 in their first 4 hours of opening, then Wal-Mart could have too.

Secondly, Wal-Mart did have 2 Pallettes of the DVD version. But only 8 copies of the HD-DVD Version as well.

CaptainCanuck 07-31-2007 11:03 PM

Walmart isn't exactly dealing with upscale clientelle for the most part so i'm not surprised.

bone crusher 07-31-2007 11:11 PM

I don't know how many my Futureshop got but when I went there at about 7:30pm they only had three copies of it left on BD. My guess is that they only ever has about 10-15 copies.

I live in a smalller city and there is only two places to buy BDs...Walmart and Futureshop. So when somebody runs out of something there are not a lot of other places to try and check.

Shibblet 07-31-2007 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck (Post 228435)
Walmart isn't exactly dealing with upscale clientelle for the most part so i'm not surprised.

I couldn't agree more.

However, if Wal-Mart is trying to do this cheap HD-DVD drive stuff, you'd at least think they would have more copies of the HD-DVD version.

8 of each?!?!?! That's it, they actually think that 16 whole people have the ability to play HD or BD's?

They've sold over 500 XBox360 Add on Drives, they've sold over 500 PS3's at this location. Who the hell did they think was buying those units?!?! PS3's I can understand thinking it's just a game console, but the Add On Drive for the Xbox? THERE IS NO OTHER REASON TO HAVE IT, BESIDES TO PLAY HD-DVD MOVIES!!!

Wal-Mart is retarded.

mrkiller 08-01-2007 12:10 AM

Walmart, HMV, EBgames, MusicWorld, CinemaWorld, ect. ... they all SUCK in HD, they only have a few movies with high prices.

Future Shop and Best Buy are the best, they have low prices and every new release

mrkiller 08-01-2007 12:12 AM

i was lucky at Future Shop and i got 1 last copy of Hot Fuzz, I asked and the guy said there were around 10 copies and i got it at around 3 PM,

ERICHroxx 08-01-2007 12:20 AM

My FS has about 100 BD's and 40 HD DVD's. And this was at four O'clock.