'The Untouchables' - High-Def Digest review - Page 4 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-28-2010, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idioteque... View Post
Is this worth a blind buy and ist he pq and aq any good? Any chance of a double dip and I like that newer cover better to be honest but I hate how they casted Kevin Costner as the badass Elliot Ness and then having a titan play Al Capone. It's like wtf, why didn't they get Pacino for Ness or someone badass at the time? WHAT ABOUT TOMMY LEE JONES? Jeeze. So many great actors and Costner gets the part.
If you like backgrounds filled with static frozen grain patterns due to dnr.

Ness is supposed to start off naive and fresh and unable to understand the corruption around him and how to deal with it and Malone teaches him the ropes, Ness isn't supposed to be a badass thats Malone played by Connery.

Costner was able to pull the role off and you have to remember he had no baggage back then and was an upcoming star and i also doubt Pacino being right for the role ( too old for the part in 1987 among other problems )

Last edited by FoxyMulder; 09-28-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRescue View Post
I was in Wal-Mart today, and I saw The Untouchables with a completely different cover. I own the one everybody knows...the red cover. But the one in Wal-Mart today looked like this:
At least Paramount did not slap a Sapphire Series label on that wax fest.