Two types of Blu-ray cases? - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-30-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX View Post
The US has two different types of Blu-ray cases also. The Elite cases Fox and Warner use and the one's with the embedded logo Sony and Disney use.
Actually lately it's been the other way around for the latest releases, POTC3 and also Superbad (iirc) both use the Elite casing, whereas The Simpsons Movie used the Amaray embedded logo.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaco View Post
Well what do you prefer? I'm close to cancelling the order and buying a some fewer but more expensive movies in retail here in Denmark and save my money for future times where prices are lower. I dunno how much these cases means to you guys, but I do went them slim preferably.
I'm still of the impression that there is a third type of Blu-ray case not available in North America. The two different kinds here in the US are not something easily distinguishable on first glance. None are anywhere close to being DVD size.

It's like this also with HD DVD. HD DVD also has two slightly different types of cases here in NA. I know for a fact that an even larger style is available in Europe due to my import of Children of Men.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
I'm still of the impression that there is a third type of Blu-ray case not available in North America. The two different kinds here in the US are not something easily distinguishable on first glance. None are anywhere close to being DVD size.

It's like this also with HD DVD. HD DVD also has two slightly different types of cases here in NA. I know for a fact that an even larger style is available in Europe due to my import of Children of Men.
Ok.. which is larger the Elite or Amaray? ffs I can't help but to wonder what kind of cases I'll get if I go though with my Amazon UK order :/
Old 12-30-2007, 05:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ok.. which is larger the Elite or Amaray? ffs I can't help but to wonder what kind of cases I'll get if I go though with my Amazon UK order :/
The Elite cases are ever so slightly larger/thicker.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
The Elite cases are ever so slightly larger/thicker.
So amaray should actually be the smallest type in your opinion huh? Weird I thought I read some feedback off that site that sold those cases in denmark that some thought they were a little larger than the danish releases. But so far I've come to the conclusion that DK and US releases are more similar while it's the UK releases that's different. I'm not just worried but also a bit curious about the whole thing so I'm actually considering to let all the 9 movies ship from amazon uk and see them for myself when they arrive, returning those I find fugly )
Old 12-30-2007, 06:01 PM

wide european releases are also by amaray with embeded logo. they're as wide as dvd.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metatron View Post
wide european releases are also by amaray with embeded logo. they're as wide as dvd.
Yeah that's the amarays I was talking about, of course they're still not as long as DVD's but the standard BD case length. I wonder if these are the amarays GamerGuyX is talking about..
Old 12-30-2007, 07:08 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Quote:
The US has two different types of Blu-ray cases also. The Elite cases Fox and Warner use and the one's with the embedded logo Sony and Disney use.
fox uses both I think.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanJohnson View Post
fox uses both I think.
Now they do. They just started releasing some movies with the thinner case Sony/Disney has been using. It's also worth noting that my copy of Sunshine (from Fox) uses the thicker Elite case.

Quote:
Yeah that's the amarays I was talking about, of course they're still not as long as DVD's but the standard BD case length. I wonder if these are the amarays GamerGuyX is talking about..
I'm thinking Amaray makes two different kinds of Blu-ray cases. They look exactly the same except for the thickness. The one's they release in the US are still thinner than the Elite cases. The one's they release in Europe are even thicker than the Elite cases and are almost DVD size.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Now they do. They just started releasing some movies with the thinner case Sony/Disney has been using. It's also worth noting that my copy of Sunshine (from Fox) uses the thicker Elite case.
Disney uses both as well... All my previous Disney titles use the thinner case with engraved logo, but Pirates 3 uses the elite case with printed logo...