'Trick 'r Treat' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 5 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-09-2010, 08:35 PM

Whoa. Night of the Living Thread.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:55 PM

Just saw it for the first time. Really enjoyed it, will watch again soon with friends.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:27 PM

Watched this a few years back on the satellite and was kind of under-whelmed by it. Just got finished watching it again (this time on blu-ray [great PQ and AQ if I may add]) and unfortunately my opinion of it hasn't changed. I love the horror genre, but I found this one to be somewhat disappointing. It had A LOT of potential to become a 'future' classic, but I found that the film was just bogged down with too many forced clichés and recycled stories/scenarios that we've seen before. Yes, it did have some pretty decent twists, but other than that, the movie didn't really have anything new to offer to the horror genre.
I'm not saying it's a 'bad' film; not at all. I just thought it could have been something really special. Something new. A movie that had a "think out-of-the-box" approach applied to it. In the end, it just felt like a film that was playing it safe with its core audience. I'd give it a 3 out of 5.