High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   Blu-ray Software General Discussion (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion-16/)
-   -   'Toy Story 3' (4-Disc Combo Pack) - High-Def Digest Review (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion/110171-toy-story-3-4-disc-combo-pack-high-def-digest-review.html)

Attebery 10-28-2010 07:39 PM

'Toy Story 3' (4-Disc Combo Pack) - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'Toy Story 3' has just been posted. Aaron was a little skeptical about another sequel in the franchise, but he says he should have had more faith in Pixar. With five star video and audio, and a toy box full of extras, this is another Must Own release. Check out our review for a recap of all the goodies.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3887...ry3_combo.html

ruckus81 10-28-2010 07:48 PM

Definately getting this on day one. I brought the kids to see this at the theater and they loved it.

Juio 10-28-2010 08:29 PM

Wow, so we are getting 7.1 and 5.1 DTS MA, that's awesome.

godamongmen 10-28-2010 10:11 PM

Was this release suppose to have 3D?

project-blu 10-28-2010 10:15 PM

no. it was an early rumor, due to the way Christmas Carol was a 4 disc combo set w/ a 3d disc, but it turned out it was just 2 Blu-rays.

a shame, but money bet they're just waiting to re-release the whole series in 3D, and then double sales.

hawaii sun 10-28-2010 10:30 PM

If you're a member of Disney Movie Rewards they are offering an $8 coupon for the combo pack. Or you can just PM me if you want a scanned copy of the coupon. :)

Blondie-Wan 10-28-2010 11:05 PM

Normally I wouldn't even mention a half-star difference between a reviewer's opinion and my own, but in this case I'm making an exception - far from holding it "not quite" as good as the first two, I firmly believe this movie is even better than either of them, making Toy Story the ultra-rare cinematic trilogy that starts off with a great first movie and actually gets better with each installment, and indeed I'd say Toy Story 3 is Pixar's best movie ever (no small accomplishment, that).

CriticalMass 10-28-2010 11:09 PM

I will be the first to say I didn't like this film, and I consider it amongst the poorest of Pixar releases.

Perhaps it was just the ridiculously over-the-top hype or the fact that it shot up to #4 on the IMDb Top 250 list within days of opening... but honestly I felt rather bored while watching the film.
I cannot recall a single funny scene, and I barely managed a slight giggle throughout the entire film. The story was uninteresting to me, as were the new characters. I didn't really feel much heart in the movie either, especially compared to WALL-e or Up (the latter of which was only so-so in itself).

Truthfully, it is not uncommon for me to dislike a film that has been highly praised, but in this case, my wife and the majority of my friends also agree that it is rather poor... so it really baffles me why it is praised so much. Perhaps its just jealousy that I don't have the same appreciation for it as the masses.

CriticalMass 10-28-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blondie-Wan (Post 2043505)
Normally I wouldn't even mention a half-star difference between a reviewer's opinion and my own, but in this case I'm making an exception - far from holding it "not quite" as good as the first two, I firmly believe this movie is even better than either of them, making Toy Story the ultra-rare cinematic trilogy that starts off with a great first movie and actually gets better with each installment, and indeed I'd say Toy Story 3 is Pixar's best movie ever (no small accomplishment, that).

Y'see... I just simply cannot understand that. What makes you feel that it is Pixar's best movie?

Stormshadow4life 10-28-2010 11:17 PM

"it's a perfect bookend to one of the best animated series of all-time."

PLEASE, name a better series....YOU CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!!