'Top Gun - 3D' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-04-2013, 11:12 PM

Loved Iron Eagle as a kid but it has not aged well at all. I can still watch Top Gun over and over. Regardless, Iron Eagle isn't even remotely in the same league as Top Gun. And I still say the homo stuff is in an individuals head. Seems to me that a lot of guys are having uncontrollable homo erotic thoughts while watching these movies. I mean Iron Eagle is homoerotic too? Give me a break.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardpetree View Post
Loved Iron Eagle as a kid but it has not aged well at all. I can still watch Top Gun over and over. Regardless, Iron Eagle isn't even remotely in the same league as Top Gun. And I still say the homo stuff is in an individuals head.
It's gay.

And it's ok. Nothing wrong with beach volleyball with 4 dudes, no chicks to be seen anywhere with the lamest high fives possible and posing for the non-existent camera.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 02-04-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
It's gay.

And it's ok. Nothing wrong with beach volleyball with 4 dudes, no chicks to be seen anywhere with the lamest high fives possible and posing for the non-existent camera.
Do you even sports? Nobody should feel bad or be ashamed about having gay thoughts while watching handsome men playing alpha roles in really cool movies.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:23 PM

I guess that kind of thing is up the individual. I can still watch Iron Eagle, it's aged wonderfully, where a lot of stuff from that era that I loved is totally unwatchable.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Do you even sports? Nobody should feel bad or be ashamed about having gay thoughts while watching handsome men playing alpha roles in really cool movies.
I'm not sure I understand the question but I wouldn't feel bad. I remember when Val Kilmer was a good looking dude.

And the Cruise missile....guy absorbs the souls of helpless Scientologists to look 10-15 years younger than he actually is.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 02-04-2013, 11:36 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand the question
I'm sure you've watched a sporting event where a bunch of sweaty handsome men are competing against each other and posing after every good play. Do you consider that homoerotic?
Old 02-04-2013, 11:39 PM

Quote:
I'm sure you've watched a sporting event where a bunch of sweaty handsome men are competing against each other and posing after every good play. Do you consider that homoerotic?
Depends on the context, I suppose. The pose, the event, the circumstances all play a factor

It's one thing to pose for the camera during a sporting event, but in Top Gun, film lens aside, there's nobody watching besides 3 other dudes. And dat Kenny Loggins song, man

Old 02-04-2013, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Depends on the context, I suppose. The pose, the event, the circumstances all play a factor

It's one thing to pose for the camera during a sporting event, but in Top Gun, film lens aside, there's nobody watching besides 3 other dudes. And dat Kenny Loggins song, man
When I watch it now, that scene is pretty gay. But I think volleyball in general is pretty gay. Wasn't that scene considered cool in it's era though?
Old 02-05-2013, 01:34 AM

What the **** are they doing releasing movies from the 80s now in 3D?
Old 02-05-2013, 01:37 AM

Some catalog title 2D movies, just doesn't need to be converted into 3D period. Why don't the studios leave these original 2D movies alone!