Tekkonkinkreet... Holy God. - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-27-2007, 12:07 AM

25 new hd releases came out Tuesday I believe. My BB got in a grand total of 3 of them. What does that tell you about BB?
Old 09-27-2007, 09:33 AM

I tend to check BB's website before I go...unfortunately, it says right on their listing for Tekkonkinkreet BR that it's not available in their stores.

As for anime on BluRay, the only high-def anime that's been release locally so far are Wings of Honneamise (which is supposed to be a classic, but I never cared for it), Freedom (which is fairly meh, and way too expensive for a 20 minute episode), and this.

Paprika is coming in November to BR, which'll be awesome.

Beyond that, I dunno. I wish they'd get some more stuff out, like the two GitS movies (I know, you can import them, but it's too costly), Akira, stuff like that.

Also, I'd kill someone for End of Evangelion on BR.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:00 AM

I fired up a few quick scenes of Tekkon last night and the main thing I can vouch for is that the colors and detail quality of the film is amazing. I won't have time to watch the entire film until this weekend, but I'm jazzed for it. If you want a slick, clean looking animated film with rich backgrounds and style, keep this one on your radar.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:25 AM

Just netflixed it got a phobia about buying movies that I havent seen yet been burned one too many times that way
Old 09-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Grayson View Post
I tend to check BB's website before I go...unfortunately, it says right on their listing for Tekkonkinkreet BR that it's not available in their stores.
Thanks, if this is true (not say it's not), guess i'll stop checking and buy it somewhere else...DAMN YOU BEST BUY
Old 09-27-2007, 12:16 PM

I think I got the one copy at my local Future Shop / Best Buy... The backgrounds are quite beautiful, the audio is great and the relationship between the main characters is quite compelling. I enjoyed it... but probably would only recommend it to people who have enjoyed other Japanese animated films first.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
I know VERY little about anime, but I would like to check this out. Are Blu-Ray's anime titles so far considered anime "classics"? What are the 15 best anime title of all time in ya'lls opinion?
Definately check out:

Princess Mononoke
Castle in the Sky
Sprited Away
Appleseed
Jin-Ro
Cowboy Bebop: The movie

Also, while not everyone's cup of tea:
Ninja Scroll
Akira (old, but hailed as one of the most classic animes of all time)
Ghost in the Shell 1 and 2 (some of my favorite)

Those are all movies.

For series you might should check out...

Cowboy Bebop (easy to get into, often considered one of the best animes ever, hyped yes, but for a reason)

Wolf's Rain (made by the same ppl as Cowboy Bebop)

Trigun

Ghost in the Shell (the series isn't as visually impressive as the movies, but the story is good)

Samurai X (also known as "Rurouni Kenshin" or just "Kenshin". Long series, also some movies for the series)

Hellsing

and, if you have plenty of time on your hands, Naruto (only watch on dvd.. the editing on tv versions sucks)
Old 09-27-2007, 01:56 PM

I'm hoping that since Disney had US release rights for Miyazaki's films on DVD, that it'll carry over for BR as well, and maybe we'll get all of his films sometime in the future on BD (especially since I only own 3 of them)
Old 09-27-2007, 01:57 PM

I can't wait to see some Tentacles and Women in HI DEF......Don't act like you don't watch it
Old 09-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Banned

Paprika is amazing and it's coming out soon on BD. There's actually a trailer for it on a few of Sony's releases from this week including this one.