'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Collector's Edition Box Set' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 4 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-09-2010, 12:00 AM

Just wanted to chime in that the TMNT (4) movie takes place after the "new" TMNT cartoon that was aired the year or so before the movie was released, which is where all the character "development" was - and why it felt jarring to viewers of the 4th as to what was going on.

But I didn't even watch the "new" cartoon, just knew of it. In addition, tried watching these again a few months back and I couldn't believe the editing at times: "Look at that! *pause* *pause* *pause* *pause* *change camera angle to show what they're pointing at*".
Old 11-09-2010, 05:32 PM

Uuhhh, no. The series was still ongoing at the time. And chronologically would have been released in the middle of the ninja Tribunal arc, IE season 5 (even though the Fast Forward season (6) was airing at the time, but only because season 5 was skipped). They mention that shredder was defeated, but gave no mention that the shredder they reffered to was either the fake Shredder seen in ssns 1-3 or the original Demon Shredder from season 5. And you'd think a little detail like Shredder either being an alien or a powerful demonic overlord would have gotten a mention.

Now Karai is seen in the movie, but after Her adoptive father (Shredder) was defeated she took up the mantle. Yet she isn't seen in the armor in the film.

Plus, if they wanted it to be a part of the series why create a new villain? There were plenty to go around in the series. Bishop alone is more then enough of a badass to fill a film villain role. And given some of the pretty spectacular fight scenes he had with the turtles in the series, I could only imagine the grandeur capable in the medium of this movie.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:54 AM

Everything about this video is absolute gold (cheesy, yellow gold).

http://youtu.be/_-lT1oOU7b4 "Word to your mother" and the kid's reaction... ahh nostalgia.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:00 AM

From what I've seen, only the first disk has subs at all (let alone English)? I need all the movies to have subs or I'd just be throwing my money away. Well, I imagine the 4th one would too, being recent, but I'm referring to the 2nd and 3rd movies specifically.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcharger View Post
Everything about this video is absolute gold (cheesy, yellow gold).

http://youtu.be/_-lT1oOU7b4 "Word to your mother" and the kid's reaction... ahh nostalgia.
That was great lol.