Starz Home Entertainment (Anchor Bay) goes BLU!!! - Page 4 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-22-2007, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny gaunt View Post
I'm more interested in seeing which way Blue Underground goes. They have some of the top tier titles AB used to have. The MoH is a poor series to test the water with IMO-the big bonus it has is the masters already being HD. Seriously the whole MoH series can be had at either Wal-Mart or Best Buy for under 10 bucks apiece-I don't think there will be huge numbers of people interested in buying the series in HD for 25-30 a pop. But that's just me.

Blue Underground is more or less dead. They're putting out some more stuff this year (a few Jess Franco titles, and some more AB re-releases), and that's it. They may release a title here and there, but Bill Lustig said he's not interested anymore. I do think they will still produce some featurettes for other companies, like they're doing today.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosvines View Post
Blue Underground is more or less dead. They're putting out some more stuff this year (a few Jess Franco titles, and some more AB re-releases), and that's it. They may release a title here and there, but Bill Lustig said he's not interested anymore. I do think they will still produce some featurettes for other companies, like they're doing today.
It's a shame as I've got nearly the complete Blue Underground catalogue their spaghetti westerns, giallos and polizei releases are great. It also looks like NoShame are biting the dust too.

There is one part of this deal that worries me though - Anchor Bay were big fans of region free releases whereas Fox are big fans of region-coding anything that moves. As a european, i've go my fingers crossed that they'll go for the region-free model.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:58 AM

Does Anchor Bay still hold rights to the extended version of Army of Darkness? I also thought they held the right to the extras for the film which was why the HD-DVD version did not include any extras or the extended version of the film. Someone mentioned the movie was not on their website anymore so I'd have to guess they don't hold any rights to this film but if they don't then who does (besides Universal)?
Old 06-26-2007, 02:35 PM

Count me in for the EVIL DEAD films when they come out.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:00 PM

It looks like Starz is growing bigger and bigger each year, so it is good for Blu-ray that they have chosen to release on that format.

Starz gets bigger stars for upcoming titles
http://www.videobusiness.com/article/CA6461156.html

Quote:
Due to its corporate-sized support, SHE is branching out from its Anchor Bay roots of TV and straight-to-DVD horror. It recently acquired improvisational comedy The Grand, starring David Cross and Woody Harrelson, and dark comedy Sex and Death 101, headlined by Simon Baker and Winona Ryder, for theatrical and DVD distribution.
Quote:
Additionally, Starz-owned studio Overture, just launched last year by former MGM veteran Chris McGurk, already has three films on deck for 2008 theatrical bows: Mad Money with Diane Keaton and Queen Latifah; Ferris Wheel with Charlize Theron;and Righteous Kill with Al Pacino. All are slated to wind through SHE on DVD.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:56 PM

this is great news, starz has a great catalog of classic b movies and anime

this will definitely be a booster shot for Blu-Ray, with much more niche titles, a bigger catalog for BD