'Spirited Away' & 'The Cat Returns' are up for preorder - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-16-2015, 11:22 PM

Did anybody get the Cat Returns from Amazon without a slipcover? It's supposed to come with one, but it didn't. Others have started complaining about it as well.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juio View Post
Did anybody get the Cat Returns from Amazon without a slipcover? It's supposed to come with one, but it didn't. Others have started complaining about it as well.
The 2 copies of Cat Returns I saw at Best Buy today didn't have slipcovers-- so I passed on them. They only had 1 copy of Spirited Away out which thankfully had a slipcover.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin42 View Post
The 2 copies of Cat Returns I saw at Best Buy today didn't have slipcovers-- so I passed on them. They only had 1 copy of Spirited Away out which thankfully had a slipcover.
That's just weird. This guy posted a youtube video of the unboxing and it came with a slipcover:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBoUPr8B-6c

Maybe Disney didn't print enough first print editions?
Old 06-17-2015, 09:06 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:

Maybe Disney didn't print enough first print editions?
Give em hell.
http://www.disneystudioshelp.com/contact-bddvd.html

Anyone have the catalog number on the spine?

Just note they call a slipcover an O-Sleeve.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:14 AM

Screw this! I just bought a copy with the slipcover on ebay for the same price as Amazon and I'm going to return the other copy to Amazon.

Looks likes this is getting crazy
http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Cat-Retu...item3f4eca1e60

15 bucks for slipcover and people are bidding for it?
Old 06-19-2015, 01:32 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:

I can probably dig up my old email but Disney sells replacements for like $5
Old 06-19-2015, 01:33 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

From Disney some time ago:

Quote:
Thank you for your e-mail. O-sleeves are a limited-quantity bonus item available on initial shipments of titles. Not all titles are guaranteed to contain an o-sleeve. To ensure that you receive an o-sleeve in acceptable condition, we would suggest purchasing titles from a retail store on the release date of a title.

If you would like to purchase an o-sleeve, you may send $3.95 to our Consumer Relations Department to cover shipping and handling for a replacement o-sleeve of your desired title. To take advantage of this offer, a check or money order (made payable to WDSHE Consumer Relations) along with a letter of intent should be sent to:

WDSHE Consumer Relations
PO Box 3100
Neenah, WI 54957-3100

If you need further information or have any other questions please contact us at 1-800-723-4763, Mondays 9:30-7:30 and Tuesday through Friday 9:30-6:30 CST.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Screw this! I just bought a copy with the slipcover on ebay for the same price as Amazon and I'm going to return the other copy to Amazon.

Looks likes this is getting crazy
http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Cat-Retu...item3f4eca1e60

I ordered mine from the Disney Movie Club and got a slip cover for it, I ordered most of the Studio Ghibli movies when I signed up and only Tales from Earth Sea came with a slip cover, I ordered Castle in the Sky and Spirited Away together and they both had slip covers, but most didnt. Surprised there would already be ones without slip covers, especially for its initial release. honestly I dont really care that much since the slip cover isnt any different than the actual case cover, all it really does is add another step to getting your movie out of the case

If it was different art, which some do, thats a different story, but these slips from Disney are exactly the same as the cover art for the Bluray case too, so why care so much?
Old 06-23-2015, 12:31 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

My local Walmart had 8 copies of The Cat Returns, all with slip covers.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:12 PM

I went to a different Best Buy and had to ask them to get stock from the back for Cat Returns, but they brought out 7 copies, all with slips. It's only about 10 miles away from the other BB that didn't have any slips out, so.. who knows what's going on.