'Somewhere in Time' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-10-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
You're not kidding. Seeing her in things recently she still looks amazing .. at 60-something.
She is one of those actresses who has aged very nicely

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
Absolutely. I have always felt that this was Barry's best work and I like many of his scores (Dances with Wolves being my other pick.)
Now that you guys mention the score I remember the music being very moving. Really looking forward to this
Old 03-10-2014, 04:27 PM

Great review of this excellent, and underrated, film. I never even heard of this movie until my friend let me borrow the DVD several years back. It's been one of my favorites ever since then. I bought the Blu-ray on day one, and now I just need to find time to watch it.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:29 PM

Thanks for this excellent review of my, like yours, favorite movie of all time. You are obviously very informed on the subject. (I'm the INSITE founder featured in the bonus short about SIT's fan club).
Old 03-10-2014, 06:49 PM

Just bought this for my father. Was his birthday on Thursday and this is one of his favorite movies ever. He's been complaining for years how shitty the DVD looked.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:54 PM

I saw this in the theatre when released and haven't since so I'll have to check out as I did enjoy it.

Unless I'm confusing this with some other movie of that time I believe I remember the film music also included the prominent us of a bit from Rachmaninov's "Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini".
Old 03-10-2014, 08:40 PM

Wow I can't believe how many people really like this movie. Does it have some cult status?
I think it's awesome because it is a nice gem of a movie.

CorruptedDragon being the GoodSonDragon.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
Wow I can't believe how many people really like this movie. Does it have some cult status?
I think it's awesome because it is a nice gem of a movie.

CorruptedDragon being the GoodSonDragon.
Haha, most years I buy him a bunch of movies. About 6 years ago I bought him his 1st player and it's become somewhat of a tradition to get him a stack of movies for his birthday and Christmas. This year though there wasn't much I could think of, so I went with a gift card and Somewhere In Time. He had no idea it was coming out on Blu-Ray so he was pretty surprised.

Now, I need to order a copy of it for myself. Pretty good movie overall.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:59 AM

So glad this is out on Blu-ray now. After watching the movie on DVD (I was on a Matheson kick), I had to buy the novel right away. The film really captures the original story so well, which is no surprise since the author also wrote the screenplay.

Do reviews here no longer have Amazon links to buy the reviewed title?
Old 03-11-2014, 08:38 AM
HDD Reviewer/Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitman View Post
Thanks for this excellent review of my, like yours, favorite movie of all time. You are obviously very informed on the subject. (I'm the INSITE founder featured in the bonus short about SIT's fan club).
Bill Shepard? Great to see you on the forums! I think I can speak on behalf of the site owners/editors that you're more than welcome to share this review on any of your websites or publications (just link or credit back), if you so wish.

Or just forward it to Jane Seymour for me.

Is the club still active? I see your website is still up, but it doesn't look like you've done the annual celebrations in a while - or am I mistaken?
Old 03-11-2014, 08:41 AM
HDD Reviewer/Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
Do reviews here no longer have Amazon links to buy the reviewed title?
There's a "Buy Now" button (blue) below the box cover at the top of the page, and to the right of it at the bottom of the page. Also, you can just click through on the box cover itself.