High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   Blu-ray Software General Discussion (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion-16/)
-   -   'Sling Blade' - High-Def Digest Review (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion/90008-sling-blade-high-def-digest-review.html)

Attebery 08-05-2009 07:26 PM

'Sling Blade' - High-Def Digest Review
 
E have reviewed 'Sling Blade.' He says this is just as mesmerizing today as it was upon its initial release. This Blu-ray offers nicely improved audio and video and LOTS of extras. Highly recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2193/slingblade.html

Emoney7 08-05-2009 07:55 PM

Great great movie... cant wait to pick this one up.

Havent watched it in awhile. And never bought it on DVD. so its an easy buy.

judesalmon 08-05-2009 09:09 PM

The review says the running time is 148 minutes, but I thought the Blu-ray was the 135 minute theatrical cut? Can anyone confirm which cut is on the disc (although god only knows why we can't have both)?

project-blu 08-05-2009 09:20 PM

jude, it's 2h 15min.

cheez avenger 08-05-2009 09:51 PM

I've never seen this. I'll rent it.


Is this the director's cut?

Lone_Gunmen 08-05-2009 10:03 PM

I still haven't seen it, i want to though. Might rent it.

darkdaze73 08-05-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by judesalmon (Post 1634976)
The review says the running time is 148 minutes, but I thought the Blu-ray was the 135 minute theatrical cut? Can anyone confirm which cut is on the disc (although god only knows why we can't have both)?

how true.

Seen this movie once years ago. Don't remember which cut it was, but it makes no sense not to release both versions. Unless they're "saving" it for a later release. :rolleyes:

project-blu 08-05-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheez avenger (Post 1635045)
I've never seen this. I'll rent it.


Is this the director's cut?

how in the hell do you buy so many titles, gerard, but when a true classic with infinite replay value comes along, you want to rent instead? :p

cheez avenger 08-05-2009 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by project-blu (Post 1635086)
how in the hell do you buy so many titles, gerard, but when a true classic with infinite replay value comes along, you want to rent instead? :p

LOL!


Is this the director's cut?

Filmmaker 08-05-2009 11:29 PM

NO. It is NOT the director's cut. I've read a fair amount of opinions that this was on the lesser end of director's cuts, with unnecessary additions that did little more than negatively affect the pace (though I've never gotten around to watching mine to make up my own mind about the issue), so maybe it's no great loss...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 AM.