High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   Blu-ray Software General Discussion (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion-16/)
-   -   'Sleuth' - High-Def Digest Review (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion/46850-sleuth-high-def-digest-review.html)

Attebery 03-03-2008 12:07 PM

'Sleuth' - High-Def Digest Review

Kenneth's review of 'Sleuth' is up. He says the film starts out well, but takes a few wrong turns.This Blu-ray release fares a bit better, with above average video, a strong TrueHD track, and a decent collection of supplements. Still, rent this one first.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1310/sleuth2007.html

Scripture 03-03-2008 01:32 PM

Call me crazy, but I'm excited about seeing this. Michael Caine can sometimes make garbage look desirable.

I'll reserve my judgement until after I view it.

taygan315 03-03-2008 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scripture (Post 816086)
Call me crazy, but I'm excited about seeing this. Michael Caine can sometimes make garbage look desirable.

I understand what you are saying. Caine does up the quality factor when he is in a particular film. But...this one never did anything for me when I watched the trailer. Looks like a snoooozzzzzeee fest,imho. All others... enjoy. I think I will pass on this one. Let us know how you liked it. Maybe I will give it a shot if you and other members think it is good.

Scripture 03-03-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taygan315 (Post 816100)
I understand what you are saying. Caine does up the quality factor when he is in a particular film. But...this one never did anything for me when I watched the trailer. Looks like a snoooozzzzzeee fest,imho. All others... enjoy. I think I will pass on this one. Let us know how you liked it. Maybe I will give it a shot if you and other members think it is good.

Yeah, I will do that. I thought it looked intriguing personally, but I'll give my honest assessment after I've seen it.

taygan315 03-03-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scripture (Post 816108)
Yeah, I will do that. I thought it looked intriguing personally, but I'll give my honest assessment after I've seen it.

Cool. Look forward to your review Scripture.

FourToedStatue 03-03-2008 03:10 PM

Can someone spoil the twists for me? I'll be skipping this one but Ken's reaction to the twist is priceless and now i'm dying to know what it was. :)

Lastyear 03-03-2008 03:34 PM

Rent the original from 1972 with Sir Laurence Olivier and Michael Caine.It's much better than this remake.

mrkiller 03-03-2008 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scripture (Post 816086)

same here! The trailer was intresting and it has gotten a 49% on Metacritic which isn't that bad, also the A-list actors!

Scripture 03-03-2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lastyear (Post 816421)
Rent the original from 1972 with Sir Laurence Olivier and Michael Caine.It's much better than this remake.

Yeah, unfortunately for some reason or another, I never got around to seeing it. I'd really like to see it at some point in the future. Just one of those things, so many movies out there.

ben1080p 03-26-2008 04:44 PM

I rented it.
THe chemistry is sooo intense.
I love this short film!!
OK!

Lets just cut to the chase and say that I love this short film..
Im calling it a short film because of one reason and one reason alone:
STOP WATCHING AFTER 35 MINUTES!! You will be satisfied.
If you want to not get hit over the head by a stupid ending and also being called stupid by trying to cover up a costume. ugh.

Those first 35 minutes are so intense, amazing, and just great.

If this was a short at a film festival,, its pure gold..

So here we go:

Movie(35 minutes) - 4.5/5
PQ: 4/5
AQ: 4/5
Overall: Enjoy the film, stop at 35 minutes.:p