' The Shadow: Collector's Edition' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-01-2014, 05:50 PM

I'm about as "everybody" as they goe, and I really don't care a comparison either. I HAVE seen the universal version, and now I'm looking forward to this version as well!
Old 02-01-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticDisc View Post
I'm about as "everybody" as they goe, and I really don't care a comparison either. I HAVE seen the universal version, and now I'm looking forward to this version as well!
As I said before, some people will waste their money, and buy anything, even if it's two of the exact same titles, with the same A/V transfers. Now what sense does that make!
Old 02-01-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Well this review was useless and without any credibility, by not being able to compare the A/V quality, to the previous Universal blu-ray release! That is the main question, everybody want to know, whether or not, the Shout Factory release, is an improvement over the Universal release. We all know what the movie is all about!
You should be more polite. Anyway, it's safe to assume that the reviewer doesn't own the previous release. Hence he can't make the comparisons you're requesting.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:07 PM

Default Your comments are more useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
As I said before, some people will waste their money, and buy anything, even if it's two of the exact same titles, with the same A/V transfers. Now what sense does that make!
The reviewer stated UNEQUIVOCALLY that he can not compare the two as he had never seen that version. Which is more than many reviewers would do. He did however go on to review the copy he did have access to. Was he supposed to also go out and find a VHS copy or DVD to compare to as well?

I think it's your whiney ass complaints that are useless here. If you bought the first BluRay of this film then you are obviously a fan, and you should understand that like DVD, early releases of certain films are always going to be worse than later ones. With some movies we are lucky we get physical media at all, as many older catalog titles are getting digital only releases these days. Remo Williams has never gotten even a decent DVD release much less a properly done BluRay.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncy X View Post
glad Shout is finally releasing their version. i'm still surprised they managed to get Baldwin to talk about it...kudos to them and to Baldwin for doing it!! this movie was cheesy the first time i saw it in theaters and i while i might be wrong, i'm convinced they purposely made it so cheesy. and its possibly why those who don't like it feel that way....because if you try and watch this as a "serious" movie, its indeed very bad. but to me its just so cheesy in the best way possible. and one of the reasons i think that was intentional was Baldwin's delivery of the line : "oh, that knife"

there's no way any seriousness was meant there, me and my friends cracked up so bad and loud at the scene the first time. and i still laugh anytime i see it. its such an awesomely cheesy movie. and Tim Curry's perfomance is pretty out there too. lol
Well said, and true. While this movie has some great moments it was never supposed to be taken as seriously as say, Batman Begins, but very few superhero type movies of this era were. And while Alec Baldwin delivers many of the lines as Dead Pan as they come there is no way anyone can mistake the tongue in nature of this film. It's good pulpy fun and it should not be taken any other way, or you are missing the point.