'From Russia With Love' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-08-2008, 12:02 AM

Figures this looks good, because those DVDs in 2006 looked awesome. Lowry is one of the best out there for digital restoration. Doubt I'll get these since I already have them on DVD, but hats off anyways.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:35 AM
Former Member

wow, ruckus, you're pretty tough on yourself LOL
Old 11-08-2008, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSX2 View Post
Lowery did a marvelous job with the movies.
They certainly did! I've watched Dr. No, From Russia With Love and For Your Eyes Only thus far and was thoroughly impressed with the PQ on each of them. Simply amazing!
Old 11-10-2008, 12:45 PM

I can't wait until I have more cash to get some great blu rays I have been missing. Especially these Bond movies with Sean Connery. Great to hear the image quality is awesome.

It sucks going from having a good job to being a poor college student.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSpool414 View Post
I can't wait until I have more cash to get some great blu rays I have been missing. Especially these Bond movies with Sean Connery. Great to hear the image quality is awesome.

It sucks going from having a good job to being a poor college student.
same thing happened to me i finally bought iron man last saturday after initially planning to get it day one, im going to buy hellboy and forgetting sarah marshall (another planned day one purchase) at best buy this week for 2 for 50 (one dollar better than amazon), and then buy die another day at walmart for 25 so i can get the quantum of solace ticket, i'm commuting to college and finally have enough cash to buy a few movies this week...
Old 11-23-2008, 01:13 PM

Watched the Bonds over the week so I'm just gonna give a brief review. HERE WE GO. From Russia With Love is a personal favorite Bond of mine. Its very well paced, great cast, and always had me at the edge of my seat. IMO this is the true start to the Bond franchise. I remember when I first saw it, I was so excited to for the next Bond films as this introduced the mysterious Spectre leader. DUM-DUM. But the swedish villain was that of a fearful one and the train finale was AWESOME. The PQ was excellent not showing its age one bit. I thought it was the best looking out of all the Connery films. The Beginning maze scene was am excellent example of how well the BD had made the night scenes more viewable. I remember seeing it earlier on TV and I could hardly tell what was going on. The AQ is stellar, the voice where a lot sharper than Dr. No and the dubbed sounds better blended. Just a great BD in general. If your a Bond Fan pick it up!

Movie: 9/10
PQ: 9/10
AQ: 9/10