Rumor: '300' Re-issue Already Planned? - Page 4 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-06-2007, 03:22 AM

well, i hope when the reissue is officially announced, we'll get the same exchange program as the Fifth Element...maybe not...
Old 08-06-2007, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiK View Post
well, i hope when the reissue is officially announced, we'll get the same exchange program as the Fifth Element...maybe not...
i doubt it, we got the 5th element replacement only because the original looked like crap.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freekedoutfish View Post
Check out this link first to see how great BR java system is...

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/movies/pr...ers-266923.php

Now the rest...

This is just another example of the advantages of HD DVD over blue ray. BR may have more storage space, but HD DVD is obviously easier to produce and use and create interactive features.

How many times has a film been released now on both HD DVD and BR and we have seen the HD DVD be fully interactive, while the BR copy is limited because they cant get the Java interface to work properly.

Should this not be sounded alarm bells for alot of BR fanboys and the companies who have decided to be BR exclusive?

Its an insult to the BR buyers who have to run out and re-buy a re-issued copy or have to wait longer for the BR copy to be released.

It wouldnt fill me with confidence if I was in the BR camp (which im not) and I knew the HD DVD camp was getting fully interactive stuff, while they werent and they were being expected to wait longer or buy a re-issued copy.

Im sure BR is a wonderufll format and most films do have the interactivity, but does the fact that some DONT and some films are being re-issued not make you uncomfortable?

BR fanboys talk about how all this extra storage space means better interactive features, but what does it matter if those interactive features dont even work yet?

I think this is a sure sign that BR is too complicated for its own good. And its going to cost companies more in the long run to re-issue films and/or take longer to produce the DVDS.

HD DVD may have less storage capacity, but atleast its a FULLY functioning format, unlike BR which ISNT always. The end result is that HD DVD is cheaper to produce and works 100% on all aspects including interactivity.

BR is a format that has basically been released before it 100% works. How is that good business?

From a BR buyers perspective, does that honestly not annoy you that BR isnt always 100% interactive while the HD DVD copies are?

Has anyone had any problems with the Liar's Dice game on the PS3? I will try mine out today when I get home from work.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Watcher of stances

worked fine when i tried, for the two times i actually played.
will never, ever use it again however.

all these "extras" are so overrated, anyways.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedjello View Post
i doubt it, we got the 5th element replacement only because the original looked like crap.
You are most likely right but I do agree with LIK. Not cool to annonce a better release coming a day or two before the original release.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:53 AM

From what I have read, the statment by Deborah Snyder seemed to be a surprise to Warner and maybe it was just to get people off the topic of the HD DVD having more extra features than the Blu-Ray. Someone in the audience at their event at Comic-Con asked Zach Snyder whether he preferred HD DVD or Blu-ray. So, the whole thing could be a fabrication on her part. But... if the Blu-Ray sales are that good, Warner would probably consider going back and adding the extras. I only double dip if it is a movie that I absolutely love and it has something to offer that I really want. Seeing guys stand around infront of a blue screed doesn't excite me, so I wouldn't do it.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:58 PM

judgin from the reviews for both the BD and Hd-DVD version, the only reason i can think of a reissue is probably to put the deleted scenes into the main movie and do some extended cut version. easy money...
Old 08-07-2007, 11:06 PM

I have both the HD DVD and Blu-ray discs and I must say the PIP Bluescreen feature on 300 is very cool.

I'm not typically someone who likes commentary tracks, but seeing the actual video along with the commentary to put it in context makes a huge difference and is really entertaining to me.