'Rambo: First Blood Part II' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-06-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSmith View Post
This is one of my favourite action movies of all time along with First Blood, I hope it gets a new remaster soon. I think this version was cut from the last DVD trilogy master. Rambo 5 is still in the pipeline, so we may see it as a promotional release before the new new sequel hits theatres.
I think that the DVD Master was pretty neat, I hardly doubt see a new remaster because its a really old movie, anyway in sound you can not expect a great job for a oldie one.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Cat View Post
I think that the DVD Master was pretty neat, I hardly doubt see a new remaster because its a really old movie, anyway in sound you can not expect a great job for a oldie one.
The Wizard Of Oz was even older, and they managed to do something incredible with that movie.

I think it will only be a matter of time before movie companies such as Lionsgate reach the stage when the only way they can continue to pull in revenue from these classic movies, is to give them all 'no expenses spared' full blown 4K restorations to prepare them for BD and 4K formats. They may even have to remix the audio track from scratch to match the original stereo mix if the current stereo mix has deteriorated over time.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:01 PM

WOZ is a fairy tale with not remarkable sound.

You are not gonna expect that in Rambo 2 they remaster the sound and the gunshots and the explosions will sound as good as new action movies do you?
Old 02-07-2013, 11:55 PM

Are you watching stuff on a 32in Dynex or something?
Old 02-08-2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
Are you watching stuff on a 32in Dynex or something?

Nope in a Bravia 60 ins LED why?
Old 02-08-2013, 05:23 AM

Quote:
WOZ is a fairy tale with not remarkable sound.

You are not gonna expect that in Rambo 2 they remaster the sound and the gunshots and the explosions will sound as good as new action movies do you?
Well I was thinking about the PQ of WOZ, I haven't seen the BD of it, but a 5 star rating for a movie made in 1939 seems unbelievable..

For the audio of Rambo First Blood part II, I would expect they would salvage as much of the original soundtrack elements as possible for the audio mix. I would advocate that they carefully introduce new (appropriate) sound effects to replace any sound effects that just dont hold up in the original mix. Explosions would be the first to consider for this movie. I would want the explosions to have the power to tear the house apart with the subwoofer pushed to the limit!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSmith View Post
I would want the explosions to have the power to tear the house apart with the subwoofer pushed to the limit!
The part when he is blowing up the enemy camp in the choppers is EXCELLENT!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
The part when he is blowing up the enemy camp in the choppers is EXCELLENT!!!
That was the exact scene I was thinking of when I was typing that last post.

Everything from the action screenplay to the soundtrack of this movie is pure energy and adrenaline. This movie sums up what 80's action movies were all about.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:36 PM

wich one is better for you? Die Hard 1988 or this one?
Old 02-08-2013, 06:07 PM

Quote:
wich one is better for you? Die Hard 1988 or this one?
Rambo First Blood Part II definitely. I think the action is much more interesting, powerful and on a grander scale. Stallone is very convincing as an experienced killing machine that can't be stopped.

Although I do like the original Die Hard and certainly consider it an 80's action classic.