High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   Blu-ray Software General Discussion (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion-16/)
-   -   'Rachel Getting Married' - High-Def Digest Review (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion/80173-rachel-getting-married-high-def-digest-review.html)

Emoney7 02-26-2009 07:33 PM

Hathaway as a believable substance abusing b!tch? This I have to see...

Johnathon Demme still have to prove he's a good director? I dunno, I think he's way underrated and gets critiqued harder then he should. Anyways I love his movies so I'll give this a shot.

Brad1963 02-26-2009 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunkMcLovin (Post 1446480)
Peter:

Do you have any source material where you read that the script was autobiographical? I hadn't read that anywhere...

I worked somewhere in the 90's that Jenny Lumet was seeking to work. There was a hesistancy because she was known to be wild and a party girl. There probably is a close resemblance to Kym and Jenny.

ben1080p 02-27-2009 11:50 AM

Blu-News Review

killowertz 02-27-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben1080p (Post 1448210)

Thanks for posting. A short, but well done review.

Dack 02-28-2009 07:37 PM

I really liked Rachel Getting Married.

I thought Anne Hathaway was fantastic and the whole movie seemed almost like a documentary (casting people like Tunde, the lead singer of TV on the Radio, as a musician really helped with that).

Tonkpilsnut 03-12-2009 04:02 AM

Already released....

This movie is out already, still showing release date of 3/17, released 3/10

DoubleJ 04-25-2009 01:10 AM

I'm watching this right now, and the picture is just bad. It's a rental from Netflix. Does anybody else notice the constant vertical lines appearing then disappearing? They are of the same color as the picture's environment, but they are easily visible to the eye.

RoadLizard 04-25-2009 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleJ (Post 1520694)
I'm watching this right now, and the picture is just bad. It's a rental from Netflix. Does anybody else notice the constant vertical lines appearing then disappearing? They are of the same color as the picture's environment, but they are easily visible to the eye.

I dont remember seeing such artifacts when we rented it a few weeks ago. The film was OK, not bad but not ground-breaking either. Worth a rent. Thats about it.

BBE 04-25-2009 10:18 AM

Yah, I watched it last week and I don't remember any artifacts or vertical lines either. The picture was decent for being shot in the way that it was. I really liked the film as well. Although I think that the pacing was off just a bit. I felt like the movie really built up and hit it's high point during the second act, and then kind of tailed off and had somewhat of an uninspired and anti climatic last half hour or so. But it was definitely a good watch.

killowertz 04-26-2009 12:33 AM

Those artifacts aren't present in the movie. I have watched it twice. You unfortunately probably got a bad disc. The picture is about as good as you can expect it to be with the way the movie was shot. There are actually a few scenes in the movie that look quite nice. I really like the movie, but I can understand why some people may not since it's not the type of movie for everyone.