High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   Blu-ray Software General Discussion (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion-16/)
-   -   Question for those who order Blu Rays on Amazon. (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion/64320-question-those-who-order-blu-rays-amazon.html)

FireStarta316 08-22-2008 04:26 AM

Question for those who order Blu Rays on Amazon.

They have Dawn of the Dead/Land of the Dead/The Thing bundled together for $40 which is a great price. However they release on Sept 30 and if I pick standard shipping it says it will not ship the movies until October 6th. Is this normally what happens or do they just say that to get you to pick faster shipping?

JAC35 08-22-2008 04:28 AM

It happens. I suspect they are awating more stock.

Super-VHS 08-22-2008 04:31 AM

I can't really give you a solid answer. There is a reason why they say estimated.... I've had things get delievered to me on the day they say it will. I've had things end up at my doorstep days after the estimate. Then sometimes, like with Juno, I'll get the release the saturday before street.

It's been very varied for me so, sorry, I can't help much.....

Blu-News.com 08-22-2008 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireStarta316 (Post 1144389)
They have Dawn of the Dead/Land of the Dead/The Thing bundled together for $40 which is a great price. However they release on Sept 30 and if I pick standard shipping it says it will not ship the movies until October 6th. Is this normally what happens or do they just say that to get you to pick faster shipping?

They will ship before that. No worries, they will probably arrive by October 6th with free shipping.

FireStarta316 08-22-2008 04:41 AM

Alright thanks I will order them then, can't beat that price.

bookcase 08-22-2008 10:51 AM

I've ordered tons of BDs from Amazon (using free shipping) and they always ship before the estimated ship date, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. I never get new releases on or before street dates, but they generally arrive shortly thereafter.

TheAnswerMVP2001 08-22-2008 10:19 PM

On standard shipping Amazon always gives a over blown estimate on how long it will take to get to you or even when they will ship it. Frankly before I signed up for the free two-day shipping deal I chose the free standard shipping and I would get it almost within 2-3 days.

Firefly 08-23-2008 12:26 AM

Amazon is awesome. I have purchased hundreds of DVDs, HDDVDs (back in the day :) and Blu-rays from them. If you buy a lot, get Amazon Prime. $79 bucks and all two-day shipping is free for the next year. Save me hundreds of dollars every year.

They're also easy to return stuff to. If a movie is bad, they ship you out a new one same day and then when you get it, you can ship back the bad movie in the same box at no cost to you.

Generally, their pricing on Blu is better than anyone (and WAY better than retailers like Best Buy). Go Amazon and my crazy buying habits :)