'Paul Blart: Mall Cop' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-26-2009, 04:38 AM

I like Kevin James and I was curious what all the box-office hubbub was about, so I gave this one a rent. It was alright, but nothing great. I've laughed a lot more in a 22 minute episode of King of Queens than in this whole flick.

I agree with past posters: This probably did well because it was a family-oriented comedy, and it probably was released at the right time, without competition from the latest Pixar/Dreamworks CGI money-making juggernaut.

I found it mildly amusing, but it was predictable and formulaic. Worth a rental if you find Kevin James amusing, but thats about it.

On a side note to fans of Kevin James or Ray Romano, avoid the movie "Grilled" at all costs. It is one of the most tedious and unfunny comedies I've ever had to sit through.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indieman View Post
I just cannot bring myself to waste my time watching this movie. The trailer did not even make me crack a smile and it just looks like the cheesiest movie ever. It must have been timing or something that this movie made so much at the box office. Another movie that was made to bring in dollars, hoping people would waste their money on seeing. It just doesn't seem right.
Join the club. Its amazin how UN-funny most comedies really are. There are usually like 2 or 3 funny quotes or lines scattered throughout the hour and a half run time. What a waste of effort, film, and peoples time.

Comedies and romantic comedies should be banned as genres from the movie industry until they can come up with real classics like Airplane or something like that. Of course, Airplane released now would have the ACLU and the PC police working overtime....
Old 05-26-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
I'll never see this.

I think Kevin James is one of the unfunniest guys on earth.
i'm so jealous of you

i regret watching this two nights ago.

ugh.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:37 PM

Kevin James is a wannabe Chris Farley minus the drugs. It's the whole hey, I'm a fat fuck, now put me in impossible situations so I can hurt myself and scream loudly!

They showed this on the bus I was in overseas. I watched it with the sound off.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
Kevin James is a wannabe Chris Farley minus the drugs. It's the whole hey, I'm a fat fuck, now put me in impossible situations so I can hurt myself and scream loudly!

They showed this on the bus I was in overseas. I watched it with the sound off.
Dammit Cheez, why would you resuscitate this thread and remind people that this movie exists?!