High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   Blu-ray Software General Discussion (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion-16/)
-   -   Paramount Sapphire Series (list possible future releases) (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion/87702-paramount-sapphire-series-list-possible-future-releases.html)

sonyfanboy 06-23-2009 08:04 PM

Paramount Sapphire Series (list possible future releases)
 
For those who don't know what Sapphire series is, its for Academy Award Winning films published by Paramount.

-Titanic 1997.

Blu-News.com 06-23-2009 08:11 PM

Titanic is more than possible. ;)

Other titles possible are American Beauty and Terms Of Endearment no?

Maybe a good time to release Godfather films solo too.

knuckles 06-23-2009 08:13 PM

For those of you who don't know what the Sapphire Series is... it's the most ridiculous, unnecessary name for a line of decent, middlebrow films being released on Blu-Ray.

I don't know who thinks of these names or why, but they have the easiest job at Paramount. Because, clearly, nothing is refuted if "Sapphire Series" is what they went with.

Sounds like classy porn or mediocre jewelry,

Pouyan 06-23-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blu-News.com (Post 1588412)
Titanic is more than possible. ;)

Other titles possible are American Beauty and Terms Of Endearment no?

Maybe a good time to release Godfather films solo too.

Probably, I'm sure since they handle dreamworks releases they would throw those movies under the series as well

Landy 06-23-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knuckles (Post 1588417)
For those of you who don't know what the Sapphire Series is... it's the most ridiculous, unnecessary name for a line of decent, middlebrow films being released on Blu-Ray.

I don't know who thinks of these names or why, but they have the easiest job at Paramount. Because, clearly, nothing is refuted if "Sapphire Series" is what they went with.

Sounds like classy porn or mediocre jewelry,

It's because Disney hogged all the platinums, diamonds, etc.

But I agree, totally unnecessary and cheesy name.

TheRescue 06-23-2009 08:19 PM

American Beauty would be amazing.

Other than the ones announced and listed here, I think their only other best picture was Wings.

nyc20012001 06-23-2009 08:22 PM

Yeah I was about to say the only other film I knew that won Best Picture was Terms of Endearment.

LiK 06-23-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knuckles (Post 1588417)
For those of you who don't know what the Sapphire Series is... it's the most ridiculous, unnecessary name for a line of decent, middlebrow films being released on Blu-Ray.

I don't know who thinks of these names or why, but they have the easiest job at Paramount. Because, clearly, nothing is refuted if "Sapphire Series" is what they went with.

Sounds like classy porn or mediocre jewelry,

yea, so pointless. oh well, whatever

comixguru 06-23-2009 09:22 PM

Let's see, top grossing movies for Paramount and Dreamworks (not out or announced on BR) and other big titles from a quick search:

Top Grossing Paramount Titles
Titanic
Indiana Jones Trilogy
Beverly Hills Cop
War of the Worlds
What Women Want
Crocodile Dundee
The Firm
Longest Yard (2005)
Fatal Attraction
Beverly Hills Cop II
Runaway Bride
Lora Croft
Officer and a Gentleman
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
Double Jeopardy
Indecent Proposal
Love Story
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
First Wives Club
General's Daughter
Vanilla Sky
Rugrat's Movie

Other Paramount titles
Apocalypse Now
Bad News Bears
Footloose

Top Grossing Dreamworks titles
Shrek I + II
Saving Private Ryan
Catch Me If You Can
Shark Tale
What Lies Beneath
Minority Report
American Beauty
The Ring
Chicken Run
Road to Perdition
Prince of Egypt
Collateral
Terminal

Other DreamWorks titles:
Almost Famous
Amistad
Head of State
House of Sand and Fog
Woody Allen Movies (Match Point, Hollywood Ending, Curse Jade Scorp, etc.)
Contender
Island
The Mexican
Peacemaker
Legend of Bagger Vance
Last Castle
The Haunting

I'd say the best chance is for those bolded titles above. Little Stevie Spielberg locks up a bunch of those, though. In truth, I think they've released plenty of titles that probably would have made better prestige releases than most of those above.

They have a bunch of award winning classics/catalogs, too. Witness, Chinatown, Children of a Lesser God, Days of Heaven, A Place in the Sun, HUD, Murder of the Orient Express, Ordinary People, Nashville, Sunset Blvd., Terms of Endearment, Great Gatsby, Stalag 17, Accused, To Catch a Thief, Ten Commandments, Shane, Wonder Boys, Come Back Little Sheba.

I could see those three showing on in a Sapphire Box.

RoadLizard 06-23-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comixguru (Post 1588491)
Let's see, top grossing movies for Paramount and Dreamworks (not out or announced on BR) and other big titles from a quick search:

Top Grossing Paramount Titles
Titanic
Indiana Jones Trilogy
Beverly Hills Cop
War of the Worlds
What Women Want
Crocodile Dundee
The Firm
Longest Yard (2005)
Fatal Attraction
Beverly Hills Cop II
Runaway Bride
Lora Croft
Officer and a Gentleman
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
Double Jeopardy
Indecent Proposal
Love Story
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
First Wives Club
General's Daughter
Vanilla Sky
Rugrat's Movie

Other Paramount titles
Apocalypse Now
Bad News Bears
Footloose

Top Grossing Dreamworks titles
Shrek I + II
Saving Private Ryan
Catch Me If You Can
Shark Tale
What Lies Beneath
Minority Report
American Beauty
The Ring
Chicken Run
Road to Perdition
Prince of Egypt
Collateral
Terminal

Other DreamWorks titles:
Almost Famous
Amistad
Head of State
House of Sand and Fog
Woody Allen Movies (Match Point, Hollywood Ending, Curse Jade Scorp, etc.)
Contender
Island
The Mexican
Peacemaker
Legend of Bagger Vance
Last Castle
The Haunting

I'd say the best chance is for those bolded titles above. Little Stevie Spielberg locks up a bunch of those, though. In truth, I think they've released plenty of titles that probably would have made better prestige releases than most of those above.

They have a bunch of award winning classics/catalogs, too. Witness, Chinatown, Children of a Lesser God, Days of Heaven, A Place in the Sun, HUD, Murder of the Orient Express, Ordinary People, Nashville, Sunset Blvd., Terms of Endearment, Great Gatsby, Stalag 17, Accused, To Catch a Thief, Ten Commandments, Shane, Wonder Boys, Come Back Little Sheba.

I could see those three showing on in a Sapphire Box.

Some good ones in there but like all lists its mostly filler or titles that dont need to be in HD. Still though, keep on releasing - eventually they'll get to the good stuff.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:29 PM.