'Olympus Has Fallen' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 4 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-14-2013, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliminius View Post
Yes, because Fox and Twoface were in this movie because they felt it was a masterpiece of cinema.

Honestly, what makes Battleship a much better movie than WHD is that at least Battleship realized it was bad. WHD seemed like they actually thought they were making a good action flick despite ripping the whole rooftop scene practically verbatim from Die Hard.

Battleship was bad AND fun. WHD was simply bad. It still kind of pisses me off to see this movie listed with 4 stars. The rating is insane for such a crap film. Someone needs to lay off the alcohol before reviewing movies.
Who said anything about White House Down? We're talking about Olympus Has Fallen here.
You must be psychic to already know that WHD will be getting 4 stars when it will eventually be reviewed...
Old 08-14-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
What movie are we talking about here, Olympus Has Fallen or White House Down?

Jamie Foxx was in White House Down. Aaron Eckhart (Two-Face) was in Olympus Has Fallen.
I think he was referring to Lucius Fox, played by Morgan Freeman, who is in Olympus has Fallen.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkash View Post
I think he was referring to Lucius Fox, played by Morgan Freeman, who is in Olympus has Fallen.
Right, because when I think of iconic Morgan Freeman characters, "Fox" is always right at the tip of my tongue.

He also refers to "WHD" three times in the post.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:03 PM

Watched OHF yesterday. Glad I rented it. The General and Forbes character in particular were beyond retarded.

I liked the rated r violence though, and the action scenes were entertaining enough.

Overall, imo, OHF was better than Battleship as well as the most recent Die Hard but similarly, don't feel the need to watch it ever again.

Have not seen WHD yet.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Right, because when I think of iconic Morgan Freeman characters, "Fox" is always right at the tip of my tongue.

He also refers to "WHD" three times in the post.
Didn't you get the memo?

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 08-16-2013, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyd View Post
I also stopped reading Shannon's review... makes me seriously consider her reviews.
Quote:
FYI, Shannon is a him, like Leslie Nielsen or Stacy Keach.
Shannon isn't a pen-name? Not an alias?

Well then Shannon must now be a bad-ass-mudur-fuker. My wife wouldn't let me
name my son Patty Pinkcakes. Sure he'll get into a ton of fights growing up, but
one day, he'll be just like Shannon. Shannon walks through the halls of HDD and
all the other staffers give him a wide berth. Nobody steals Shannon's lunch from
the breakroom fridge.

-----

The rating of 4 stars for this film is TOO high, and I can prove it.

"I would never argue with someone who hated this movie for many of the reasons I have listed in this review (and a dozen others I didn't mention)."

4 stars SHOULD mean that you would argue anyone who disliked the film. And 4
stars SHOULD mean that you would sucker punch anyone who hated the film.

With all the disclaimers in the review, I think Shannon knows he was a wee bit
generous in his rating.

Just like the comments about Battleship and White House Down, being self-
aware of their less-than-masterpiece-filmmaking and getting credit for that; I
credit Shannon for "knowing" Olympus Has Fallen really isn't a 4 star film
despite saying it is.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:11 AM

Movies like this make me realize I'm getting old and how my tolerance for garbage is much less than is once was.

This movie was pretty bad. Like 1 out of 5 stars bad. It's a shame to see such a talented cast wasted in what looks like a student film. It looked as if the special effects and script were a trial run for the Sharknado crew.