'Olympus Has Fallen' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-27-2013, 12:55 AM

I want to see this movie, but what the hell is up with the White House take over movies this year? There are been a few of those and many apocalyptic movies lately.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemetblk View Post
He's tougher than Channing Tatum. Seems smarter too.
Channing Tatum didn't play it bad-ass in his movie.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:16 AM

I stopped reading the review when I saw 4 stars for 'The Movie Itself'.

I was dragged to this movie a few months ago and I still want my money back. On a sort-of-related side note, yes my avatar is Surf Ninjas... I love bad movies that KNOW they are bad; this was just unfortunately bad.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:02 AM

I also stopped reading Shannon's review immediately after I saw the star rating. Everyone has right to their opinions, but giving this turd 4 stars and the god-awful Newsroom 5 stars makes me seriously consider her reviews.

Taken from the Newsroom review, this pretty much sums it up: "It's not just the best show currently on TV, it's one of the best shows ever on TV."

Yeah, right.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:30 AM

I totally agree with the reviewer. This movie was alot of fun and I didn't expect that.i watched Olympus in a room filled with people and we all had a great time. Just dont take it too serious and enjoy the freakin action people, cause theres alot of it.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyd View Post
I also stopped reading Shannon's review immediately after I saw the star rating. Everyone has right to their opinions, but giving this turd 4 stars and the god-awful Newsroom 5 stars makes me seriously consider her reviews.
FYI, Shannon is a him, like Leslie Nielsen or Stacy Keach.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:18 PM

Well I certainly enjoyed this movie when I watched it in theaters. But yeah, when I thought about it, some of those plot holes seem rather glaring and not easily explained away in a logical fashion.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:54 AM

i was surprised by how awful this 'Die Hard'-wannabe was not.

but don't misunderstand. everything that has made that franchise so indelible (plot/characters/soundtrack/cinematography/acting/etc) is completely absent in 'WHD', so i can't recommend this for purchase. i'd actually reference this movie as a step-by-step 'How To Not' for studios looking to clone 'Die Hard' in the future.

all things considered, however, it's still worthwhile enough to warrant a rental if your bored or you've got friends over who aren't picky. just remember to set expectations low as you'll start forgetting this movie at around the half-way point. 3 out of 5
Old 07-29-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
FYI, Shannon is a him, like Leslie Nielsen or Stacy Keach.
and Ray Finkle?
Old 07-29-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carg0 View Post
i was surprised by how awful this 'Die Hard'-wannabe was not.
So it wasn't awful?

Quote:
but don't misunderstand. everything that has made that franchise so indelible (plot/characters/soundtrack/cinematography/acting/etc) is completely absent in 'WHD', so i can't recommend this for purchase.
Are you talking about Olympus Has Fallen or White House Down?

Quote:
i'd actually reference this movie as a step-by-step 'How To Not' for studios looking to clone 'Die Hard' in the future.
So it was awful?