'Night at the Museum' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-04-2007, 09:28 AM
Banned

Wow you guys sure got this one early!!
I guess we can safely assume this will not be pulled from release.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:43 AM

i cant believe how early this came out either, but as much as i love ben stiller and owen wilson, i dont really know if i want this though cuz its PG and the pq rating is only 4/5 stars. plus fox are a bunch of cheap assholes that sell their movies for wayyy too much money.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Formerly Delta_FX

I don't understand why Fox doesn't put movies on 50GB discs... plus they charge $40 a movie. Is this some kind of joke? What a rip off...

Anyways, maybe I'll buy the movie if some place has it for cheap.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:34 AM

Because this will most likely be a double dip, it's going to be a rental for me till they release a version comparible to the SD version.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:20 AM

Default Dts Losless = 2.0 Sound

This just sucks. I would have to upgrade my receiver to one with HDMI 1.3 to be able to enjoy the sound, because, like the Xmen, It only has the DTS losless which will not convert, no matter what over optical to any kind of 5.1 signal.

Why not put a DD 5.1 on it so I can have good sound too? And where are the receivers with DTS HD losless and DD plus and all that stuff? They'll give us terrible "spectra-sound" and all kinds of cinema junk we can't use, but they're holding off on the newest HD sound technologies?

Grrrrr.....
Old 04-04-2007, 11:40 AM

That's how it looked in the theater too. I remember thinking to myself while watching it, that while I like the movie, the picture is not going to be that great on Blu-Ray. It did seem overly processed, perhaps due to the visual effects.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:41 AM

Never saw this one in the theater, and with the positive review, I just pre-ordered it. Man, I am spending alot of money that week (also bought Planet Earth and The Queen)...
Old 04-04-2007, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topoulos View Post
It only has the DTS losless which will not convert, no matter what over optical to any kind of 5.1 signal
Ummm... every DTS-HD MA title has a core 1.5Mbps DTS track. So unless you have a reciever that doesn't decode DTS (which means it would have to be very old if it doesn't), you can hear them all in 5.1 DTS via an optical connection.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:22 PM

this studio just keeps getting better. they cancel all their catalog releases (note no other studio doing this), then they release a day and date release with compromised video (if we assume this review is accurate). let's all gang up, go over to their offices and beat them up !!!! they're taking a lot of the fun out of HD ... i'm sick of this BS !!!!

and i didn't spend all this money of HD equipment (HD-DVD, PS3) to watch f*cking edge enhancement all over again (like DVD).

Last edited by AndyMT; 04-04-2007 at 03:25 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMT View Post
this studio just keeps getting better. they cancel all their catalog releases (note no other studio doing this), then they release a day and date release with compromised video (if we assume this review is accurate). let's all gang up, go over to their offices and beat them up !!!! they're taking a lot of the fun out of HD ... i'm sick of this BS !!!!

and i didn't spend all this money of HD equipment (HD-DVD, PS3) to watch f*cking edge enhancement all over again (like DVD).
Maybe compromised but it doesn't sound like it have bad picture quality. It got 4 stars and Peter write this about edge enhancment:

Quote:
Don't get me wrong -- 'Night at the Museum' is certainly more than watchable, and often looks fantastic. It's really a pity the edge enhancement issues weren't corrected, because without them, this would have been a top-tier Blu-ray transfer, no contest.
Does not sound like bad PQ and 4 stars is not bad. I don't get why Fox use BD25 AND charge like they shipped two BD50. I wouldn't mind the higher price if they really used the technology to the maximum but Fox aren't.