Netlix beef - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-07-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
So you have to wait a week longer to rent them. Just go rent something else or buy it.
What is the big deal if they don't have the title to rent on release day? If you don't like it you can always rent it from another merchant.
Besides, these movies have been out for a long time. Waiting an extra week or two to watch in in HD on the BD format will make absolutely no difference.

If you can't wait then go buy it.
That's pretty much my point, if I am going to another merchant half the time to rent it anyways, then WTH am I paying a monthly service fee to Netflix? That is EXACTLY why cancelled.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to tell anyone else they should or should not use them, I have a couple of neighbors who LOVE Netflix, and when they found out I cancelled they were asking me if they should, too Anyhow, not sure why they wanted me to make their decision for them, but I told both of them I didn't see why they should cause they are happy with 'em.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
So you have to wait a week longer to rent them. Just go rent something else or buy it.
What is the big deal if they don't have the title to rent on release day? If you don't like it you can always rent it from another merchant.
Besides, these movies have been out for a long time. Waiting an extra week or two to watch in in HD on the BD format will make absolutely no difference.

If you can't wait then go buy it.
I see what your saying... My beef isnt that its the next week before a title is available from netflix, Its what "above and beyond" service is Netflix giving us for the additional tax they are hitting us BD renters with?
I dont know about you but ive basically stopped renting regular dvds from them and only use my account for the bluray. So now when a title isnt available on the day its released im stuck with no movies in my que and paying a large fee each month for less rentals.

Wouldnt it be nice if they had a BD only plan that you could get?
Old 04-07-2009, 01:23 PM

it's basically a bd only plan if that's all you rent
Old 04-07-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Squid View Post
To answer the original question with a question: why do you think Netflix is at fault here?

There have been some significant delays between street and Netflix rental availability for several Warner titles and there are a number of these that are still not carried by Netflix including L.A. Confidential.

I have no idea what the problem is, but it seems to happen primarily with only one of the majors now - Warner (although Fox used to have some AWOL titles as well). There could be any number of things going on behind the scenes that are preventing these from being carried.
Good point. I've never thought it could possibly be the studios fault, I've always just blamed Netflix.

But now that I think about it all the movies that I've wanted that Netflix doesn't carry in Blu are Warner's (Constantine, LA Confidential, all the 4/7 releases).

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll stop being pissed at Netflix (for this issue, still mad about the price hike).
Old 04-07-2009, 02:07 PM

I too blamed Netflix... but maybe the blame lies with the studios, good info!
Old 04-07-2009, 03:37 PM

So Warner Bros. is getting banned? LOL, I'm new and just got Netflix for the BDs. I do mind the price hike but it's a good way for me to preview a movie for PQ and AQ before I by it. As long as I'm not paying 20 bucks a month I'm okay.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:25 AM

one thing I have to say is that I think things are improving on BD availability for Netflix since the price hike. I'm having "The Wrestler" shipped to me today and I noticed that "Frost/Nixon" is stated as being available "now" according to my queue and both of those movies came out yesterday. So far I'm pleased, but we will see how long it lasts.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smockaveli View Post
one thing I have to say is that I think things are improving on BD availability for Netflix since the price hike. I'm having "The Wrestler" shipped to me today and I noticed that "Frost/Nixon" is stated as being available "now" according to my queue and both of those movies came out yesterday. So far I'm pleased, but we will see how long it lasts.
Agreed. Before I left Netflix, I did notice that most new releases only had a short wait if any. I still disagree with the price hike though; if Netflix is ordering more and more copies of blu-rays, the studio isn't going to charge them the same price per copy. The more Netflix orders, the cheaper each copy should be. Ordering more blu-rays doesn't justify a $4 per subscriber increase per month....thats about 25% of what each subscriber pays a month for their regular service!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smockaveli View Post
I received "The Wrestler" today from Netflix.