Netlix beef - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-06-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer5 View Post
no I'm not threatening, I 'm just telling you what happened in another netflix thread.There are baiters here that get away with everything at others expense.
Maybe I would believe that if it wasn't the second time today you have threatened another member here in this way (From The Graduate thread):

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer5 (to Arkadin)
blah blah blah, yup, that's a well informed member speaking, nice to meet you too.Isn't baiting or name calling prohibited here?

If you aren't meaning it this way, then I would gently suggest you reconsider the current trend. Otherwise, it looks like you created a new account to stir up arguments (almost every post I saw for you was argumentative, but then again, look through my posts on the right day, etc...)

Either way, registering as a new member and then warning established members multiple times in one day of rules and punishments does not bode well
Old 04-06-2009, 06:33 PM

Maybe im missing something.... I'll get banned for saying I wish Netflix would at least offer bluray titles as they come on the market if they are demanding a higher premium for bluray access?
Old 04-06-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinboski View Post
Maybe im missing something.... I'll get banned for saying I wish Netflix would at least offer bluray titles as they come on the market if they are demanding a higher premium for bluray access?
Don't bother. You're doing nothing violating any actual rule. He's just some newbie who thinks he knows the score around here and is throwing his non-existant weight around because he's "so unfairly" called out for his opinions in other threads. You're fine, the mods aren't dicks like he'd make you believe.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:36 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinboski View Post
I don't think so, boomer is the one baiting here, check his post history and you'll see what I mean. Your post (at least the follow up) I think makes a good point. The other thread degenerated pretty badly by the end IIRC.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:38 PM

Ok cool....
Old 04-06-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_Butler View Post
Don't bother. You're doing nothing violating any actual rule. He's just some newbie who thinks he knows the score around here and is throwing his non-existant weight around because he's "so unfairly" called out for his opinions in other threads. You're fine, the mods aren't dicks like he'd make you believe.
I'll second that. I have received a warning exactly once, and while I didn;t realize it until after the fact, I had violated the rules pretty clearly I think.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:07 PM

To answer the original question with a question: why do you think Netflix is at fault here?

There have been some significant delays between street and Netflix rental availability for several Warner titles and there are a number of these that are still not carried by Netflix including L.A. Confidential.

I have no idea what the problem is, but it seems to happen primarily with only one of the majors now - Warner (although Fox used to have some AWOL titles as well). There could be any number of things going on behind the scenes that are preventing these from being carried.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:13 AM

Cinema, That is a good and interesting point, (I think maybe a very valid one, too). Could just be bad timing for an issue with Warner to arise, for me, it still was simply a matter of less and less service IMO for more $.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:20 AM

I've seen this happen and it seems like they're always a week late or more. Very disappointing.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:25 AM

So you have to wait a week longer to rent them. Just go rent something else or buy it.
What is the big deal if they don't have the title to rent on release day? If you don't like it you can always rent it from another merchant.
Besides, these movies have been out for a long time. Waiting an extra week or two to watch in in HD on the BD format will make absolutely no difference.

If you can't wait then go buy it.