'Need for Speed' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-27-2014, 09:29 AM

Such a long winded review for a horrible movie.
I understand this movie comes from video game origins, but still. Shallow story, shallow characters.
This movie took itself far too seriously for its own good.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:35 PM

Why is Amazon not selling this?
Old 07-28-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Why is Amazon not selling this?
I guess the same reason they weren't selling Warner movies a while back: a dispute between Amazon and Disney over wholesale pricing. Since this seems to be a reoccurring theme now with Amazon, it seems they are being a little too pissy about it. I don't remember any of the B&Ms ever holding back new releases from their customers because they can't agree on pricing. I see this as a lose-lose for Amazon. After all only about 10-15% of sales of the movie come from them and the likely result is that people just buy from someone else and in some cases Amazon loses a customer.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:51 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
I guess the same reason they weren't selling Warner movies a while back: a dispute between Amazon and Disney over wholesale pricing.
I do not see how Amazon can win this at all. If they stopped carrying anything Dinsey you seriously think it is going to hurt Disney?
Old 07-28-2014, 05:27 PM

I went ahead and ordered the Hong Kong region A 3d version from yesasia. Hopefully it won't take too long to get it.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:58 AM

Disney is putting themselves so far on my s*** list right now it's not funny. Movies that got great 3D reviews in this and Frozen among others you screw the US fans? At least with Frozen the UK release was region free, now they don't even give that courtesy? UK import price is much better than any of the asian options that were looking to run about $50, which I can not justify on a blind buy.

I wish i could say I will just not buy anymore titles from Disney, but that would be a lie.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:58 AM

I ordered the UK 3D version. Looks like it's getting ready to ship out soon. Hopefully I'll have a temporary (meaning I couldn't quite afford the silverstone gd07b case right now or the 3TB hard drive but hopefully in September, I can - We'll put them in a generic PC case and use a 250, 320, or 500gb hard drive as a boot drive) region-free 3D HTPC setup by the time it gets here.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VXXXJesterXXXV View Post
Disney is putting themselves so far on my s*** list right now it's not funny. Movies that got great 3D reviews in this and Frozen among others you screw the US fans? At least with Frozen the UK release was region free, now they don't even give that courtesy? UK import price is much better than any of the asian options that were looking to run about $50, which I can not justify on a blind buy.

I wish i could say I will just not buy anymore titles from Disney, but that would be a lie.
I definitely understand your frustration. I'm starting to wonder if Disney is going to do the same thing with Maleficent that they did with Frozen (not release the 3D blu stateside).
Old 07-30-2014, 01:56 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
I definitely understand your frustration. I'm starting to wonder if Disney is going to do the same thing with Maleficent that they did with Frozen (not release the 3D blu stateside).
Seems likely just to make people mad but that was not as big a film.
Either way I had preordered the zavvi one anyway, which is 3d.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Seems likely just to make people mad but that was not as big a film.
Either way I had preordered the zavvi one anyway, which is 3d.
Yeah....I'm pre ordering the 3D version as well from Zavvi. Not steelbook though. But both the steelbook and the regular 3D blu releases from Zavvi have Maleficent listed as region b. Does this mean it only works on region b players or is it something they list automatically but is really region free?? Confused!