High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   Blu-ray Software General Discussion (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion-16/)
-   -   My Quest for 300 (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion/13765-my-quest-300-a.html)

Megasquidd 08-01-2007 01:27 PM

My Quest for 300

So I decided to get 300 on BD instead of HD DVD due to the audio capability of my hd dvd player, and the fact that I don't watch extras and supplements.

I spent 2 hours going to 4 different stores only to realize that in my entire town of 45k people there were 8 copies delivered to my town. Un-F'ing-believable. I went home all dejected and decided I would order from my retail savior, Amazon. Guess what? Sold out until the 7th. I haven't bought a high def movie yet and of course the first one I go to buy I can't get.

It brought the lack of HD support in major retailers to the forefront of my mind. No wonder HD isn't catching on. At my walmart they have 1 BD player and no HD DVD players. they have half of one part of a rack for both BD and HD DVD and they aren't organized or advertised.

Sorry. Just needed to vent.

ApBtFusion 08-01-2007 01:28 PM

I see you play viva pinata, mb we can trade some if that'll make you feel better

DMRSX 08-01-2007 01:31 PM

I completely agree. At least every other week I try to buy a movie on HD or Blu-ray at some store only to find they don't have it.

Sometimes BestBuy's website will say they have a movie and I'll go in and they don't have it. You'd think stores would want to make an extra $5-10 over the similar DVD.

I can easily say local stores have lost a couple hundred bucks from me because they don't get the movies I want.

Amazon FTW!

Godstar 08-01-2007 03:05 PM

Yep, God Bless Amazon. I don't have to sell my soul and moraltiy to Walmart to get a cheap BD disk.

winstonshu 08-01-2007 03:07 PM

amazon's back in stock now.

squall4008 08-01-2007 04:37 PM

what i do since wal-mart is always cheaper but never has anything in stock i print out the online add and price match it at Best Buy got 300 for $23 on tuesday

messin18 08-01-2007 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megasquidd (Post 229549)
So I decided to get 300 on BD instead of HD DVD due to the audio capability of my hd dvd player, and the fact that I don't watch extras and supplements.

I spent 2 hours going to 4 different stores only to realize that in my entire town of 45k people there were 8 copies delivered to my town. Un-F'ing-believable. I went home all dejected and decided I would order from my retail savior, Amazon. Guess what? Sold out until the 7th. I haven't bought a high def movie yet and of course the first one I go to buy I can't get.

It brought the lack of HD support in major retailers to the forefront of my mind. No wonder HD isn't catching on. At my walmart they have 1 BD player and no HD DVD players. they have half of one part of a rack for both BD and HD DVD and they aren't organized or advertised.

Sorry. Just needed to vent.

Feel sorry for you.

I have 2 walmarts, 2 best buys, 2 circuit citys, and a fry's all within a 10 mile radius.

Fry's has a huge inventory and alwasy has hd dvd and blu-ray day one. :)

Vesh Drown 08-01-2007 06:23 PM

yeah, yesterday i went to my local taget at about 11:00 and they were out of the blu-ray, i was tempted to get the HD-DVD version, but decided not to. I then went to the one in the next town over, and they had a fresh, full stock of them.

HectorB 08-02-2007 01:17 PM

Don't get me started on how my two local Blockbusters will not support blu-ray even though there will be 1700 stores across the nation that will.

LizardMan101 08-02-2007 01:27 PM

Hmm...
I've got about 50,000 in my town. I walked into Target at 10 am on Tuesday and picked it up off the shelf. They had the HD-DVD version too. Plenty of copies.