Is the movie suppose to look grainy? - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-27-2007, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Only if by "better" you mean that the DVD is so soft that it can't properly resolve the grain in the image, or much of the fine object detail.

Grain is not your enemy. Film is made of grain. It's like the brushstrokes on an artist's canvas. Would you prefer to see the real painting or a texture-less Xerox copy of it?
I don't mind the presence of film grain, generally speaking. In the specific case of Sleepy Hollow, it is SO heavy that it ruins my viewing experience, and I prefer the way the DVD looks to it. Every other Blu-Ray I own looks considerably better than its DVD counterpart (even those with moderate film grain,) just not this particular one.

It looks like we each have our own tastes and opinions here, and we're not going to change each other's minds by arguing about something subjective like this. I agree to disagree, as one person's opinion is not any more or less valid than another's opinion.