High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   Blu-ray Software General Discussion (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion-16/)
-   -   Monsters Inc. Delayed? (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion/85365-monsters-inc-delayed.html)

kman 05-14-2009 02:18 AM

Monsters Inc. Delayed?
 
I have been hearing rumblings that Monsters Inc. has been delayed to November to go along with the release of Up.

This is a major disappointment as I was really looking forward to it.

Amazon no longer has the date up on the product page: http://www.amazon.com/Monsters-3-Dis...2278051&sr=8-5

Source: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2494

cheez avenger 05-14-2009 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kman (Post 1539609)
I have been hearing rumblings that Monsters Inc. has been delayed to November to go along with the release of Up.

This is a major disappointment as I was really looking forward to it.

Amazon no longer has the date up on the product page: http://www.amazon.com/Monsters-3-Dis...2278051&sr=8-5

Source: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2494


2010



.....................

kman 05-14-2009 02:21 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if it came out with Up, similar to what they did with ratatouille and cars.

Dr_Teeth 05-14-2009 02:28 AM

I know its off topic but has there been any word of a Fantasia 70 blu for next year?

cheez avenger 05-14-2009 02:28 AM

Items not yet shipped:
Delivery estimate: May 5, 2010

* 1 of: Monsters Inc [Blu-ray]
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

kman 05-14-2009 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheez avenger (Post 1539614)
Items not yet shipped:
Delivery estimate: May 5, 2010

* 1 of: Monsters Inc [Blu-ray]
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

amazon puts a lot of filler dates in on items that they dont know for sure. It would kind of surprise me if they delayed the title for an entire year while already heavily promoting it. I could be totally wrong, I just really wish I am not, I really want Monsters Inc on blu-ray!

cheez avenger 05-14-2009 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kman (Post 1539623)
amazon puts a lot of filler dates in on items that they dont know for sure. It would kind of surprise me if they delayed the title for an entire year while already heavily promoting it. I could be totally wrong, I just really wish I am not, I really want Monsters Inc on blu-ray!



Do a search, there's a thread dedicated to the whole debacle.

space-monkey 05-14-2009 04:35 AM

I would be very surprised if it's not released in November.

elleana 05-14-2009 04:48 AM

This question has probably been answered as well, but why have pixar ben dragging their feet releasing their older library titles to bluray? Animation + hidef == win!

space-monkey 05-14-2009 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elleana (Post 1539653)
This question has probably been answered as well, but why have pixar ben dragging their feet releasing their older library titles to bluray? Animation + hidef == win!

Because they have a huge slate of movies for the theaters in the future, and each catalog BD release will sell more if tied to a theatrical new release.

The BD releases are money in the bank, and Disney doesn't want to blow Pixar's whole stock at once.

Same reason why Spielberg movies aren't out, save one.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:16 PM.