'Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol' is coming April 17 - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-16-2012, 07:31 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Any bets on the audio for the U.S. version? They most likely want it to match the other 3 releases so it will be lossy, no?
Old 02-16-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Any bets on the audio for the U.S. version? They most likely want it to match the other 3 releases so it will be lossy, no?
No.

It'll probably be 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio like most recent Paramount tentpoles (although, maybe, TrueHD 7.1... because the other Bad Robot films have been the Dolby exception)

Even if it's only 5.1, "Ghost Protocol" will certainly still be lossless. I wouldn't be surprised if Paramount quietly issues the first 3 movies with the newer AVC/DTS-HD MA encodes from overseas around the same time too.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:30 PM

Can't wait to own this, although if you haven't seen this movie on a true IMAX screen you're really missing half the fun. The IMAX-filmed scenes are truly engrossing.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 02-16-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Paramount quietly issues the first 3 movies with the newer AVC/DTS-HD MA encodes from overseas around the same time too.
I was hoping they would have done that for new box set they released at Christmas, but maybe that was just to get rid of extra inventory. Although I own the third already (and was shocked to find out only after that the audio was lossy), I'm not buying another MI until I can have them all lossless.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post
No.

It'll probably be 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio like most recent Paramount tentpoles (although, maybe, TrueHD 7.1... because the other Bad Robot films have been the Dolby exception)

Even if it's only 5.1, "Ghost Protocol" will certainly still be lossless. I wouldn't be surprised if Paramount quietly issues the first 3 movies with the newer AVC/DTS-HD MA encodes from overseas around the same time too.
I took sarcasm immersion so it's pretty much a second language to me, and I'm pretty sure krawk was being sarcastic, lol. Joking aside I would rebuy the first three if they did them lossless. I watched my MI blu last year for the third (fourth?) time and was underwhelmed by the soundtrack. I should have kept my laserdisc. If I got my Christmas wish ( or Easter as it were) there would be a four movie set with digital copies for each. I don't have time to sit and watch movies as much as I used to, and I play movies on my iPhone while I'm doing chores, walking the dog, doing renos in the garage or basement. I have to memorize these new movies somehow.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:13 PM

Any news about the IMAX shots and will it be on the Bluray, with the aspect ration changing from 2:35:1 to 1:85:1
Old 02-19-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbolly View Post
Any news about the IMAX shots and will it be on the Bluray, with the aspect ration changing from 2:35:1 to 1:85:1
I was wondering this as well. Hope they give it the TSF2 and Dark Knight IMAX treatment.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:44 PM

Any idea when the release date will be??
Old 02-22-2012, 09:13 PM

Well, Paramount announced the specials features, but i can't find any info on the IMAX scenes
Old 02-22-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak Donark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by super-vhs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk
No.
I took sarcasm immersion so it's pretty much a second language to me, and I'm pretty sure krawk was being sarcastic, lol.

No, actually, I think my sarcasm detector was in the shop that day or something.

Also, specs are in and the audio is 7.1 TrueHD for those who care.