'Mission Impossible: Extreme Blu-ray Trilogy' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12-09-2011, 03:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 161
Default

I have an instinct, this review is entirely inaccurate, and overrated! The reviewer had given Mission Impossible Trilogy 4 stars for the audio quality, and it's not even lossless, only standard Dolby Digital 5.1? Something is wrong here!

Last edited by slimdude; 12-09-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-09-2011, 03:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
Believe it, it's been confirmed.


This would be just fine and dandy, if you're willing to shell out $85.00 to have it imported from Hong Kong. $28.33 per movie? I don't think so, especially for 3 catalog titles! The Alien & Superman Anthologies doesn't cost that much, and you're getting more blu-ray discs, including copious of special features.

Last edited by slimdude; 12-09-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-09-2011, 04:10 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheRingsEE View Post
DTS, yes at 1.5 Mbps, but DD+ is at 640 Kbps.
Paramount's HD DVDs used 1536kbps Dolby Digital Plus (as did most of Universal's). Warner Brothers was the only company that limited its titles to 640kbps Dolby Digital Plus on HD DVD.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Krawk's Avatar
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheRingsEE View Post
Exactly!

DTS-HD MA for other regions of the world, and plain jane DD for us here in America!
Proof positive that once again the studios think less of the country which their based whilst they slap the faces of the people in that country . . . SIGH

Now, WHERE can one get the import at a reasonable price?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-09-2011, 11:57 AM
Josh Z's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 11,925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
Believe it, it's been confirmed.
Huh. Interesting, thanks. I'd be tempted to import, but that price is awfully high. I also expect Paramount to put out an "Ultra Mega Quadrilogy" set when Ghost Protocol is released on Blu-ray next year, and perhaps they'll put in the new discs then.
__________________
Josh Z
Former Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest
My opinions are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whoever they may be..
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Silver_Cat's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
I have an instinct, this review is entirely inaccurate, and overrated! The reviewer had given Mission Impossible Trilogy 4 stars for the audio quality, and it's not even lossless, only standard Dolby Digital 5.1? Something is wrong here!
Maybe the reviewer is fan from hell of the franchise. I DEMAND MORE PROFESSIONALISM IN THE REVIEWS IN THE FUTURE!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-09-2011, 06:14 PM
shesha's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 419
Default

I enjoyed two so much.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Sky_Captain's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleHBK View Post
I don't care what you say... Mission Impossible 2 was still the best movie of the trilogy.
See, I used to worship the ground that this movie walked on.

Then I realized it was shit and nothing exciting happens, up until the bike chase.
That was my audio demo scene for ages, but I could never get through the whole movie more than once. Fuckin' snooze-fest.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Cat View Post
Maybe the reviewer is fan from hell of the franchise. I DEMAND MORE PROFESSIONALISM IN THE REVIEWS IN THE FUTURE!
perhaps you should spend tens of hours on a single review, then. plenty of opportunities for people to put their money where their mouth is!!! your demands for anything therefore could be self fulfilled. that or you'd earn a new respect for the hombres like our fine reviewer who covered this release and informed us what to expect.

there are some EXCELLENT lossy tracks out there, just as there are some abysmally awful lossless ones. some discs, even with limitations, perform quite well in this department due to the aggressive or very powerful and intricate sound mixing and editing. throw in the fact that even lossy audio, on the majority of discs, has a much higher rate than that of a DVD, and there *is* improvement. a 4 star lossy means a lossless *could* be a 5 star audio track.

i don't see what was unprofessional about giving one's honest opinion about a disc. perhaps it is unprofessional to say that someone is being unprofessional. by saying that, i just entered a fucking conundrum, since i said something was unprofessional in response to seeing something being called unprofessional, and holy shit, i just divided by zero, and the world is about to end. <sarcasm>all because of fucking dolby digital on a blu-ray.</sarcasm>

lighten up, guys. the fact that there's an import with a higher end audio track means that perhaps the studio should be being emailed RIGHT NOW about this obvious and unfair inequity. perhaps if more people are made aware of this, then the studio might take notice how much negative publicity a release is getting due to this odd choice.

much like another trilogy box getting a review here very soon, i can imagine this is just recycling leftover discs, hence why no upgrade. too much sitting in the warehouse.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
perhaps you should spend tens of hours on a single review, then. plenty of opportunities for people to put their money where their mouth is!!! your demands for anything therefore could be self fulfilled. that or you'd earn a new respect for the hombres like our fine reviewer who covered this release and informed us what to expect.

there are some EXCELLENT lossy tracks out there, just as there are some abysmally awful lossless ones. some discs, even with limitations, perform quite well in this department due to the aggressive or very powerful and intricate sound mixing and editing. throw in the fact that even lossy audio, on the majority of discs, has a much higher rate than that of a DVD, and there *is* improvement. a 4 star lossy means a lossless *could* be a 5 star audio track.

i don't see what was unprofessional about giving one's honest opinion about a disc. perhaps it is unprofessional to say that someone is being unprofessional. by saying that, i just entered a fucking conundrum, since i said something was unprofessional in response to seeing something being called unprofessional, and holy shit, i just divided by zero, and the world is about to end. <sarcasm>all because of fucking dolby digital on a blu-ray.</sarcasm>

lighten up, guys. the fact that there's an import with a higher end audio track means that perhaps the studio should be being emailed RIGHT NOW about this obvious and unfair inequity. perhaps if more people are made aware of this, then the studio might take notice how much negative publicity a release is getting due to this odd choice.

much like another trilogy box getting a review here very soon, i can imagine this is just recycling leftover discs, hence why no upgrade. too much sitting in the warehouse.
Don't let a few trolls bother you(the staff here) on petty things. I think I speak for many here that we greatly value your time and effort you guys put into this site, especially the reviews.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Mission: Impossible' - High-Def Digest Review jed Blu-ray Software General Discussion 16 05-16-2013 10:27 AM
'Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol' - High-Def Digest review Attebery Blu-ray Software General Discussion 98 05-20-2012 10:19 PM
'Mission Impossible: Extreme Blu-ray Trilogy' is $17.99 at Amazon Landy Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 14 04-17-2012 01:36 PM
'Mission Impossible: Extreme Trilogy Blu-ray Collection' is coming December 6 Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 35 11-10-2011 01:04 AM
'Mission: Impossible' - High-Def Digest Review jed HD DVD Software General Discussion 6 08-17-2009 01:57 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off