'Man of Steel' Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D are coming November 12 - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-18-2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carg0 View Post
yet another example of just how out of touch these pretentious, self-absorbed professional movie critics are with that of the movie-going public.
Or, conversely, how out of touch the moviegoing rabble is with the concept of filmmaking or storytelling quality.

Take your pick.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:41 PM

Man of Steel is the best CBM so far this year, should be a October release. Walmart has the Steel exclusive I believe
Old 07-18-2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Or, conversely, how out of touch the moviegoing rabble is with the concept of filmmaking or storytelling quality.

Take your pick.
Ha ha, nice one Josh.

Personally I enjoyed Man of Steel, but will wait till it's on sale around the holidays. The film could've use some editing, especially the action scenes. I know Warner Bros. wasn't pleased with the lack of action in Superman Returns, so I assume they told Snyder to include as much action scenes as possible. Also, the constant speeches by both of his fathers telling him how he's going to be something great to humanity blah blah blah, got way too preachy, some of those scenes should've been left in the cutting room floor.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
yet another example of just how out of touch these pretentious, self-absorbed professional movie critics are with that of the movie-going public. the last 20-30 min of this film were made to be seen in the theater and fully justify the ticket price.

if it's still playing near you and you have at least a mild interest in seeing it, go see it.

It would have made more domestically if people weren't so hung up on critics, The Amazing Spiderman has a 73% on Rotten Tomato see what I mean. To this day I have not met anyone that liked that movie
Old 07-18-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

Take your pick.
*laughing* thanks for proving my point, chief!
Old 07-19-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
It would have made more domestically if people weren't so hung up on critics, The Amazing Spiderman has a 73% on Rotten Tomato see what I mean. To this day I have not met anyone that liked that movie
I've met at least twelve people that liked The Amazing Spider-man. My GF and I are two of them.

We are looking forward to the second installment next year.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:30 AM

Already pre-ordered this one, getting a new 60" Samsung 3D Plasma on Tuesday and I cant wait to watch this again and in 3D this time, loved the movie.

Also really enjoyed The Amazing Spiderman as well, liked it better than all the Raimi versions combined really, although Spiderman 2 is still an excellent comic book film though
Old 07-19-2013, 01:05 AM

Quote:
the last 20-30 min of this film were made to be seen in the theater and fully justify the ticket price.

if it's still playing near you and you have at least a mild interest in seeing it, go see it.
Only if you don't have a system like mine.

I did see this in IMAX though, thoroughly enjoyed it. People all to easily forget your watching a movie about a character who was originally designed to appeal to preteens. Considering that, it's pretty damned amazing. I'd go so far as to say it surpasses the Richard Donner movies that I grew up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I've met at least twelve people that liked The Amazing Spider-man. My GF and I are two of them.

We are looking forward to the second installment next year.
The new Spidey was ok, but when watched back to back with the 1st Tobey McGuire movie, it shows just how needless the reboot is. Purists be damned, organic web shooters make a helluva lot more sense.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:10 AM

a very tepid movie. i save a lot of money by actually going to the theater, admittedly we hop and see 2 movies for 1 price but I will definitely be skipping this as a purchase.... as bland and uninspired as Ive seen in quite awhile (fantastic 4?) amazing Spider-man killed this mess.

IMO, i'd also add stars of the caliber of Russell Crowe and Anthony Hopkins actually take away from these movies.

Last edited by CaptainArcher; 07-19-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:47 AM

Well done Amazon! Well done!