'Lost Boys: The Tribe' - High-Def Digest Review - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-21-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
Same. What the hell were the studio head honchos thinking???!!!??
People in charge @ studios don't think.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:28 PM

Ha ha!

Was there ever any doubt that this was going to suck ass???

The only direct to dvd film that has ever kind of rocked was "Hollow Man 2", it had budget, fx, and Christian Slater (for what it's worth).

This thing was just used to cash in on the overseas rights, etc....

EDIT--Oh, the From Dusk till Dawn sequel and prequel were pretty cool too!
Old 08-21-2008, 03:29 PM

What? How can this be worse than STARSHIP TROOPERS 3 where the mechs barely appear in unfinished or crappy CGI effects
Old 08-21-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
'The Tribe' is so utterly awful (on just about every level), that if you still insist on renting it, I'm never going to let you read another one of my reviews again.
That's too funny.

I'd already deleted it from my Blockbuster Q before making it that far into the review.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:24 PM

I have to question this one... the film did suck and I can't disagree about the rating for the film (although I liked it) but I've seen much worse lookin films get higher video reviews on this site. I'm not saying the quality is great but the picture was better than Beer League and a lot of the anchor bay and the company that released beer league's releases.

Also I wouldn't say worst STV sequel as From Dusk Til Dawn 2 and a lot of slasher sequels have been far far worse than this.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
Ha ha!

Was there ever any doubt that this was going to suck ass???

The only direct to dvd film that has ever kind of rocked was "Hollow Man 2", it had budget, fx, and Christian Slater (for what it's worth).

This thing was just used to cash in on the overseas rights, etc....

EDIT--Oh, the From Dusk till Dawn sequel and prequel were pretty cool too!
That's because DTV is synonymous in meaning shit, unless it's Hellraiser.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter
'The Tribe' is yet another cash-in DTV sequel that rapes the corpse of the original, with no apparent knowledge of what made it successful in the first place.
Best line of the review..I think that says it all.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:34 PM

Was the Haim at least in it?
Old 08-21-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
Same. What the hell were the studio head honchos thinking???!!!??
Yeah you haven't realized at this point that these guys are basically running out of ideas for movies?? When you see the constant shitty remakes, sequels, spinoffs, prequels lately it should be fairly obvious. I mean X Files 2?? PG-13 Prom Night??? The constant barrage of spoof movies that are the same lame jokes over and over again??? Aren't they trying to develop a Point Break 2??? But thankfully with a couple piles of shit we get a Dark Knight in return so not all is lost but I do have to say at least it is pretty obvious which movies to avoid these days which is good.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSelleck View Post
Yeah you haven't realized at this point that these guys are basically running out of ideas for movies?? When you see the constant shitty remakes, sequels, spinoffs, prequels lately it should be fairly obvious. I mean X Files 2?? PG-13 Prom Night??? The constant barrage of spoof movies that are the same lame jokes over and over again??? Aren't they trying to develop a Point Break 2??? But thankfully with a couple piles of shit we get a Dark Knight in return so not all is lost but I do have to say at least it is pretty obvious which movies to avoid these days which is good.
Oh no you didn't!

I Want To Believe may not have been great but it was still decent. And it's nowhere near as bad as that piece of shit Prom Night.... nor as bad any of those crappy spoof things "from the guys that have seen way to many movies."

[Rabid "X-Phile" off]