Live Free or DieHard Dubbing. - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-29-2007, 01:27 AM

hey, let's play the quote game!

Quote:
Willis claims “that if you didn’t know it was PG-13, you couldn’t tell,
http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/05/07/...s-rated-pg-13/

what does it matter if Bruce Willis cursed and was drunk in interviews? what does that have to do with the movie (and BOTH versions bad dubbings) in any way what-so-ever...

My only point with this thread was that the only differences in the "unrated" version are dubs to add in cursing... the "rated" version doesn't sound any more edited...

Hell, I just watched the "yipee ki yay mother fucker" scene about 10 times in a row on the "unrated" version to see if they actually showed his lips forming the words... they didn't..

whether or not you think Fox was wrong in making the film PG13 is simply your opinion...

i actually preferred some of the scenes in the rated version b/c the addition of cursing in the unrated version is obviously dubbed. Again, that's my preference... opinion.. i'm not stating it is undeniably better...

i'm just stating my observations.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:57 AM

My observation is that the PG13 version is good but honestly could have used some "Die Hard vulgarity". I watched DH2 right after LFODH, and I missed the foul language. Maybe I'm immature or something, but the character needs to the language to have the full effect. That said, LFODH was a risk so I understand them making it PG13 and more accessible for higher ticket sales.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samlives View Post
The intention was R rated from the go , it was half way through production that Fox declared the movie PG-13

You obviously haven't been following it's inception. I've been waiting for this film since Vengeance. I regret the wait, and wish "Die Soft 4" never came out.

However, it was originally rumored to be Britney Spears as his daughter. He was suppose to shoot his gun four times (not too far off). It was always rumored to be PG-13, and never once was it stated to be R.

It wasn't until after the whole up cry from the Die Hard Fanbase, did they release that bit of "info".
Old 11-29-2007, 03:17 AM

The movie was amazing. If you really get off on hearing a character say "fuck" a few times, more power to you. The stunts, character interaction and pace rank it right behind the original in terms of cool. I LOVE the blu-ray version and could care less about "unrated", especially if it's basically lame "curse word" insertions.

Was there a really cool killing I missed? If not, no problem for me.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cieljek View Post
hey, let's play the quote game!

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/05/07/...s-rated-pg-13/

what does it matter if Bruce Willis cursed and was drunk in interviews? what does that have to do with the movie (and BOTH versions bad dubbings) in any way what-so-ever...

My only point with this thread was that the only differences in the "unrated" version are dubs to add in cursing... the "rated" version doesn't sound any more edited...

Hell, I just watched the "yipee ki yay mother fucker" scene about 10 times in a row on the "unrated" version to see if they actually showed his lips forming the words... they didn't..

whether or not you think Fox was wrong in making the film PG13 is simply your opinion...

i actually preferred some of the scenes in the rated version b/c the addition of cursing in the unrated version is obviously dubbed. Again, that's my preference... opinion.. i'm not stating it is undeniably better...

i'm just stating my observations.
It's not "obviously dubbed" if it was OBVIOUSLY OVERDUBBED to begin with. For instance, the scene where Thomas Gabriel is talking on the phone with McClane and says, "I got crucified" in the rated version. It's a damn close-up and you could see his lips saying something else. In the unrated version, as I suspected when I saw it in the theater, it's an f-bomb, "I got a 'fuck you'."

There is one scene in the rated version that I wish they had not removed. It's the one where he says he ran out of bullets. In the unrated version, he says, "Hundreds of thousands of people die because of cars each year; that's just four more." I guess they considered it too strong of content (the truth about the dangers of driving a car) to let 13 and 14 year olds see it in the theater.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
There is one scene in the rated version that I wish they had not removed. It's the one where he says he ran out of bullets. In the unrated version, he says, "Hundreds of thousands of people die because of cars each year; that's just four more." I guess they considered it too strong of content (the truth about the dangers of driving a car) to let 13 and 14 year olds see it in the theater.
+1

The "ran out of bullets" was better, that one did stand out becuase they kept playing that clip on loads of promo spots on TV.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:09 PM

i have yet to see the unrated version but the pg-13 edition is clearly toned down at numerous spots after the power plant and who says "crucified?" you could tell they where saying "fucked"
Old 11-29-2007, 04:20 PM

I did notice the added content was horribly dubbed. It should have been in there the first place but even tho, I was very unhappy with the unrated cut. Very distracting and pretty much took you out of the movie. I just ordered the blu-ray version, which I now feel better about.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:32 PM

There seems to be a lot of argument about the differences between the PG-13 cut of this film and the R rated cut of this film. I think that all of it is highly irrelevant at this point though, because I'm actually going to side with Fox on this one....

Don't kill me, but "Live Free or Die Hard" OBVIOUSLY works well as a PG-13 film. It had more than enough action to completely satisfy me, and it was a very competent action film overall. Adding a few "fuck yous" here and there wasn't going to make the film any better or any worse.

I can easily say that this works as a PG-13 action film too, because I just finished watching the original Die Hard for the first time in about 8 years last night...and its obviously NOT the lack of the "F bomb" that makes Live Free or Die Hard a lesser film than the first one.

Don't get me wrong, I think Live Free or Die Hard is a GREAT MOVIE, but somewhere along the line the Die Hard franchise became a series of pop corn "super hero" action flicks...The first film just has a completely different tone and attitude entirely. Its a very pissed off movie that takes itself and the audiences intelligence very seriously, and thats why it holds up as a classic almost 20 years later.

There was no Justin "Apple Kid" Long whining that he's hungry or screaming "WHOA totally cool" every time Bruce Willis killed somebody. Bruce Willis could have said "fuck" every other word in Live Free, but the film just doesn't have the isame intense makeup of the first Die Hard flick...so the lack of cussing should be a non-issue
Old 11-29-2007, 08:45 PM

Die Hard 4 wasn't that good anyways. I bought it an kinda wish I hadn't, I remembered it being better in theaters when I seen it.